Why haven't I seen these headlights installed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I have been looking at these lights almost as long as I've owned my truck and have yet to see any real pictures of them.

I get the feeling the lights don't look like this in person. What do you guys think...

pro-yd-ff15009-hl-sm.jpg

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There must be a company in Taiwan or China making these... The "form" looks the same as the recons and even the ones MicTouch installed... Yet they all have subtle differences. They must just be rebadged and painted different ways, but come from the same mold somewhere overseas?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You've probably seen them. Seems like all the aftermarket headlights are so similar it's hard to tell them apart. Some people must have these and don't even know that they're these because they've either bought from third party with no name or they simply just don't know the difference with all the similar aftermarket headlights around.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
actually........

i just found this install video and they look like the picture. and they look sick :eek:

SPYDER® - Smoke Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs - 2009 Ford F-150 Spyder Halo Led Projector Headlights - Spyder PRO-YD-FF15009-HL-SM

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

haha but then the lights at the end are the ones they started with and the ones that everyone has. :confused: wtf.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

i smell a bait and switch.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am I seeing things or are one of the lamps more of a halogen look and the outsides are the HID's? It almost looked as if the inner light was halogen...

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Am I seeing things or are one of the lamps more of a halogen look and the outsides are the HID's? It almost looked as if the inner light was halogen...

i smell something fishy with these lights and that install video.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, on the recons and the other cheap knock offs, the inner light is a halogen high-beam...