Why did you buy a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbonemcniel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two reasons, I drive up and down dirt, beat up county and oilfield roads every day, perfect Raptor terrain, and I was tired of my F-350 Dually beating me up every day.

I already owned the other two SVT trucks (1st and 2nd gen Lightning), so buying the newest one was a no brainer!

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been into racing/off roading my whole life and have been tooling around in a modified FJ for the last 3 years. Been keeping my eye on the Raptors since 2010 but never pulled the trigger. Decided we are going to take a cross country tour with our 20ft trailer this summer before our son gets any older and really starts to hate us; but started to dread the thought of 6k miles in the small but cool FJ. For ***** and giggles we test drove a Raptor the first week of Dec and 2 weeks later BLAM!

I will miss you FJ, thank you for safely taking me through the Rubicon before they faked it up, Hell's Gate, and all the other iconic places one must do before you die.

A tribute to you :p http://www.palmero.us/video/MOAB2012/moab2012.mov

It's Ricky Bobby Time in the Raptor!

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had trucks in the past and loved sports cars as well. Kept my modded 350Z for 5 years and really missed the functionality of a truck. If you are going to buy a truck, why not buy the most awesome truck on the planet?! Light off roading and daily driving in my truck's future.

Agree with MotuMute, love at first sight with this truck.

Pretty much same here..this truck is the most natural transition from driving high performance sports cars I have found....way too much fun!

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money-burning-hole-in-pocket.jpg

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive gravel roads to work and for the fire Dept daily so as soon as I saw the Raptor I had to have one amd two weeks later I did and love it just as much today

Sent from my Note2

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I climb in the Colorado Rockies every summer, and had a frightening experience in my GMC Canyon on one of the many "Jeep trails" that go to the trailheads. Thought I would need a heavy lift helicopter to get my truck out. So I started researching for a REAL TRUCK that could negotiate those Jeep trails with authority. It ultimately came down to the FJ Cruiser and the Raptor. The FJ is arguably the better choice for narrow Jeep trails, but the Raptor is hands down the superior vehicle overall.