Where to rebuild shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
$2000ish vs $950ish for rebuild and you get schrader valves / gauge from Hammer.
Oh wow, wish I knew that one lol!!I paid 1200 something for mine if I remember correctly, about to have to do again in my F250!

Alibi fire, you have a good link for Hammer? And no that doesn’t mean it’s a bait to get **** pics thank you! I know how many former military and liked minded are on here lol!

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, wish I knew that one lol!!I paid 1200 something for mine if I remember correctly, about to have to do again in my F250!

Alibi fire, you have a good link for Hammer? And no that doesn’t mean it’s a bait to get **** pics thank you! I know how many former military and liked minded are on here lol!
Shocks by Hammer
Brian (605) 354-2126
Great guy to deal with !!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$2000ish vs $950ish for rebuild and you get schrader valves / gauge from Hammer.
No way- IF you could get a full set of 4 new OEM live valve shocks for $2000 that would 100% be the way to go, & a core swap rebuild deal on all 4 is gonna run $1200ish according to these rebuilders & I can’t remember if that was w/ shipping costs included.

You put brand new OEM live valves for $2k, then sell your worn take offs for like $500ish- you’re ahead of the game IMO

That being said….from what I could tell new oem live valves are like $1k per corner, if anyone could prove/show me otherwise I’d be grateful!

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way- IF you could get a full set of 4 new OEM live valve shocks for $2000 that would 100% be the way to go, & a core swap rebuild deal on all 4 is gonna run $1200ish according to these rebuilders & I can’t remember if that was w/ shipping costs included.

You put brand new OEM live valves for $2k, then sell your worn take offs for like $500ish- you’re ahead of the game IMO

That being said….from what I could tell new oem live valves are like $1k per corner, if anyone could prove/show me otherwise I’d be grateful!

They are just over $2000 for a set of NON-live valve shocks. For me the cost to go live valve goes up exponentially because of having to get the SDI e-clik.

Non-live rebuilds are around $950.

My apologies for not clarifying.

Dunerking

Reaction score
Has anyone done the rebuild themselves? I did my 2.5 Kings Dodge Carli kit…it was pretty straight forward,curious if our Gen 2 standard 3.0 can be similar to be rebuild?

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done the rebuild themselves? I did my 2.5 Kings Dodge Carli kit…it was pretty straight forward,curious if our Gen 2 standard 3.0 can be similar to be rebuild?
I've rebuilt Gen 2 non live valve shocks and they're a bit of a PIA. The fronts are difficult because the bypass tube is threaded into the bottom eyelet, so you have to heat it up to break the loctite so you can access the IFP underneath. The rears are difficult because the IFP in the piggy back doesn't have a threaded hole so there isn't an easy way to get it out and its also difficult to cycle it when bleeding the air out. I was successful on a few sets but due to the difficulties i stopped rebuilding them. I think the live valves have the threaded hole in the rear IFP so that should help quite a bit but i think you need to power the live valve to get it to open and do a proper bleed.