Where to rebuild shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

614Rap

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 2020 gen 2 that is approaching 67k miles and the suspension is starting to show it. Does anyone know of any people or places in or around Ohio that can do shock rebuilds on the live valves? I would rather take the truck in for a day and be done with it as opposed to sending in parts for downtime as i do daily the truck.

Also was looking at purchasing new and just doing it with someone. I was looking through either rockauto or tasca and only got results on tasca with part numbers i found in another thread. A full replacement set was running a little over $2k on tasca but looked like it came with UCA's and all the other parts? Not sure if i was reading correctly but is that about the right cost to go new OEM? And would it be recommended to replace all of those parts at the same time as opposed to just doing the shocks? Just trying to get all my options down before making a decision.

Thanks!

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sent my fox bumps to angry pumpkin. Great guy who does good work!! Don’t trust any clown just because that are local.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 2020 gen 2 that is approaching 67k miles and the suspension is starting to show it. Does anyone know of any people or places in or around Ohio that can do shock rebuilds on the live valves? I would rather take the truck in for a day and be done with it as opposed to sending in parts for downtime as i do daily the truck.

Also was looking at purchasing new and just doing it with someone. I was looking through either rockauto or tasca and only got results on tasca with part numbers i found in another thread. A full replacement set was running a little over $2k on tasca but looked like it came with UCA's and all the other parts? Not sure if i was reading correctly but is that about the right cost to go new OEM? And would it be recommended to replace all of those parts at the same time as opposed to just doing the shocks? Just trying to get all my options down before making a decision.

Thanks!
A rebuild is cheaper than buying new, 2g might get you only 1 shock! Upper control arms definitely not included!!

OP
OP
614Rap

614Rap

Reaction score
For sure. Was hoping someone knew a shop around Ohio I could take it into so I don’t have downtime sending my stuff in etc. or what average cost for new OEM live valves were.

Diverdown3

Reaction score
There's a guy up in Michigan. Detroit area. On Facebook. Not sure where you're located in Ohio and I don't know anyone who has used him yet. M-A-S performance & shock services.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
ROCK AUTO!! Bought new ones for sale, perfect, and can get my old ones rebuilt and have back up or sale later.

B Scott

Reaction score
I did a rebuild swap with my Gen 1 through Shocks by Hammer. I received a set of rebuilt shock, swapped them out and sent the old ones back. With valves added, shipping it was around $850 all in. Great customer service and available for questions.