Where do you get your tires mounted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khandis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you guys order your tire/wheels together and have them shipped to you and do the installation yourself, or do you carry your shoes to a tire installation place and have them install?

:snoopfacepalm:

Suchhhhh a newb

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Fuel Trophy wheels from a local shop which saved me on shipping (no charge since the shop orders wheels/tires all the time). I drove there and they mounted/balanced the wheels on my stock tires. 2 hours later I was good to go. I would imagine it would be just the same if you ordered wheels and tires locally. As a bonus to saving on shipping, the place I bought from had a better price the my wheels (mounted, balanced, and installed, with gorilla lugs) than most online venders. Can't beat that. Call around you first before doing the online thing. Good luck.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite topics. My short answer is to buy your wheels and tires locally.

That "deal" you get on the internet starts to not look so good if you have any issues. What are you going to do if you get a vibration? Ship it back to them? Meanwhile your rig is on a spare the whole time. That happened to me and it wasn't fun. Or you could head down to your local shop and have them fix it, still a hassle and you may end up paying for that out of pocket.

Not to mention an extra set of TPMS sensors can be pretty spendy. Most likely if you buy wheels mounted and balanced, you are going to want the sensors installed.

And if you don't order the wheels and tires mounted and balanced, you are really shooting yourself in the foot. You are going to have to lug all that down to your local tire shop anyway. There you will have to pay full price for all the labor. Think they'll cut you a deal when you didn't even buy the tires there? Think again.

Just save yourself all the potential hassles and extra work. Shop and price on the internet, then buy at your local shop. You'd be surprised how close they can come to internet prices. Not to mention if you are in a major city you can probably get whatever you want the same day or the next day instead of waiting for them to be shipped ground freight from another state.

Is that enough reasons to convince you to shop local?