What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At that price, I am buying the whole cow. Then we could have new stuff to talk about. Fart hose failures, fart injectors, best food for increased farts, fart tuning etc…Fart Tech one would have to go back to school to become fart approved.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see any real reaction from Ford until the gen 4, and I dont think the RHO is going to affect their plans by much.
I think about it this way across a few dimensions
1) ford is selling all the raptors they can build. The trucks are selling at ~MSRP, ford hasn't had to sniff a factory discount/dealer incentive on these forever. If the RHO actually makes a dent in demand I am sure they see worst case as dealers having to consistently discount a few K below MSRP... which again ford doesn't care about as that is dealer profit, not FoMoCo that is going to eat the hit. However conversely, i do think if raptor prices started dropping meaningfully below MSRP they would hit a floor as more folks came into the market who have been too price sensitive (or prideful) to pay MSRP.
2) Real life power: for a customer actually test driving both... the two motors (RHO vs ecoboost) have basically the same torque rating, the raptor makes it 500 rpm lower (based on the wagoneer version) and the raptor is lighter. We haven't seen the RHO curve but my guess is all the extra hp over the "peasant" versions of the hurricane is going to be at high RPM. Marketable yes, but less real life impact around town or on the trail... will probably only show at the drag strip.
3) by the time the RHO even starts hitting dealer lots there will be only 2 actual years of gen 3 raptor production left MY25 and MY26. ~1 year into the RHO being on lots the gen 4 will have been previewed to the public so the MY26 trucks were going to take sales hit anyway as the last of the generation
4) We dont know what powertrain ford planned for the base raptor, at minimum its obvious there is wiggle room in the current ecoboost, then there is the whole powerboost concept. So i see fords marketing answer in 2026 at the gen 4 debut being A. an updated ecoboost still less hp but more torque than the RHO in a lighter package B. totally new hybrid concept which isn't comparable and blows it out of the water on the power/power curve dimension.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At that price, I am buying the whole cow. Then we could have new stuff to talk about. Fart hose failures, fart injectors, best food for increased farts, fart tuning etc…Fart Tech one would have to go back to school to become fart approved.
You can only buy the one-horned cow if you're a vírgin. And I'm pretty sure that includes self love. And maybe even impure thoughts. Definitely goats.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the RHO does come with 90 more horses at 9k less starting price.
This is what should be next for Ford. Maybe this will force Ford to keep their pricing in check going forward with the Raptor. Competition can be a good thing, especially for pricing.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what should be next for Ford. Maybe this will force Ford to keep their pricing in check going forward with the Raptor. Competition can be a good thing, especially for pricing.
I think the challenge there is that low base price on the RHO is not apples to apples equipment wise with the raptor. It exists solely for the headlines ram wanted to grab "more power less price", to meet roughly the 801a raptor equipment the RHO customer has to opt for a pricy (10k!) option pack which drops the base price within rounding error of the base raptor.

The real question to be answered is: when ford abandoned the low end equipment raptor (and therefore the "marketing" low base price) did they do it because of actual customer demand or not. Is there still a market for the low end truck that is worth exploiting given production constraints. Ford would tell you their research says no, Ram may prove yes. But while ford is selling every single one at 801a equipment levels they have no incentive to change. Are there customers who are in market for an 801a raptor who turn to the RHO in order to get a bare bones truck?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The low base price is a marketing tactic (scam), see Tesla Cybertruck for example. The first few weeks of orders will be the new, exciting low price to attract buyers. It will be going up in short order.

I will concede a base price RHO ordered from a 10k off dealer would be pretty nice. But, has anyone successfully ordered a base model at 10k off? If I remember correctly, weren’t they only discounting 10k on the higher trims?

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of, until you add on the 9K+ option package to make it feature comparable to the 35 model. For some reason Ford got rid of the actual base Raptor.

But if the Raptor sells at MSRP and the RHO has a $10k discount...(Mark Dodge has a discount to order, Granger has an Invoice -4% to order)