What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean the v6 ecoboost in the Ford GT puts out 660 hp… just saying.
That would never pass durability testing in a truck application in that form and the powerband is not suited for a truck either.

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would never pass durability testing in a truck application in that form and the powerband is not suited for a truck either.
Yeah that’s fair. But my point is, Ford knows how to make HP with an ecoboost application.

My bet is they just don’t NEED a reason to.

At the end of the day, why steal sales from your flagship v8 monster that you don’t have to produce a lot of?

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still unsure why RAM has the RHO. Its still a combustible engine. Why didn't they just keep the TRX for another run of 5 years?

It's a combustion engine they are using in multiple other vehicles, so economy of scale. Keeping the TRX would mean making a model-specific motor for a low sales volume vehicle since the end of the Challenger/Charger V8 cars. Probably one they have to pay Tesla for a carbon credit or some such nonsense to keep building, as well. Dodge was a major profit center for Tesla thanks to that BS.

The RHO is cheaper and more mainstream, uses no parts they didn't already have the R&D done for, etc. They'll sell.

Personally, I suspect we'll see a new TRX within a few years. Dodge milked the shit out of the 'this is the last ....' marketing across the board. Just like everyone was sure the Challenger was dead despite Dodge never saying that, only that the hemi Challenger was dead...and we're getting a new Challenger.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When Ford made the R, I’m betting they could have easily made it a couple HP more than the TRX. They didn’t.
They are focused on the total package.
I raced Miata’s a while ago. Not a lot of HP there, but man it would handle, and I could pass cars with double the HP.
It’s not about HP, it’s about the entire truck. It’s really that simple.
For all those thinking a PB is in the future. That have that truck already.
The Raptor is a specifically built platform to run offroad at high speed. Extra battery weight and fuel mileage is not in the cards imo.
All opinions at the end of the day, but I love my Raptor and wouldn’t change much at all. To each their own…

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
When Ford made the R, I’m betting they could have easily made it a couple HP more than the TRX. They didn’t.
They are focused on the total package.
I raced Miata’s a while ago. Not a lot of HP there, but man it would handle, and I could pass cars with double the HP.
It’s not about HP, it’s about the entire truck. It’s really that simple.
For all those thinking a PB is in the future. That have that truck already.
The Raptor is a specifically built platform to run offroad at high speed. Extra battery weight and fuel mileage is not in the cards imo.
All opinions at the end of the day, but I love my Raptor and wouldn’t change much at all. To each their own…
Total agree. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they bumped the power another 100hp moving forward. I have a 23 so aftermarket tuning is very limited. If Ford was smart they would offer tuning in house and double dip us all.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it should run on unicorn farts….
Where does one fill up on Unicorn Farts? Are they sold per fart or are they liquified and sold per gallon? I guess the real question is will mileage be measured in MPF or will we still be using MPG? Asking for a friend.