What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah not a giant hybrid fan, but these mild hybrids have sure made straight sixes more of a thing lately making packaging easier with electrifying the accessories. At least thats what Mercedes did.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That straight 6 that Dodge is using is also Direct Injection. Now they'll have all that coking on the Valves like the VWs have and the newer GM trucks will have

flyitaway

Reaction score
What are the chances of a new engine being offered in the 2025? Currently debating trading in my 23 for a 24 and this announcement is holding me back.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the chances of a new engine being offered in the 2025? Currently debating trading in my 23 for a 24 and this announcement is holding me back.
Enjoy what ya got. You have a brand new truck and a Great truck for many more yrs. Hell many of us Gen 1 owners still have and Love ours and can mod em up to our own liking and still ride with smiles and get thumbs up everywhere we go.

OP
OP
FmaxTurboSi

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford already has the answer to the RHO, it’s both versions of the Raptor. There really is nothing to do, our trucks are lighter, better suspension and two engine choices. That RHO only weighs 150 less than the TRX, whoopee. Will be interesting to see a drag race v6 vs inline.

I agree that the raptor is lighter and has better suspension. That was the first thing I noticed when I test drove the TRX. It drove like a heavy on road vehicle. To me, the raptor is a much better overall driving experience.

But the RHO does come with 90 more horses at 9k less starting price.

77Raptor

Reaction score
Unfortunately the RHO does nothing to push competition. But remember, Ford has 15 years of customer feedback, three generations of R&D, and two Baja 500. Dodge is considerably behind when it comes to a competitor against the Raptor.
How do you figure? It's the Dodge direct equivalent to the non-R Raptor. Ford knows that many people who shop for Raptors but are Ram fans will likely elect to go with the sub-$100k option that their preferred brand will be offering for LESS than the Raptor.

Think of the RHO owners essentially as Gen 1 Raptor owners in that they're getting in on the first generation of that model and will contribute to the growth and longevity of that model, just like what was done with the Raptor when it came out. Except, to an extent, they can use some of the feedback from the TRX and apply it to the RHO. Not to mention what they've observed and benchmarked of the Raptor for years now.Anyone who dismisses the RHO not only being competition for the Raptor, but also dismisses its potential to eat into non-R Raptor sales must be doing so solely out of blind loyalty to Ford.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On behalf of all Raptor fans, I'd like to extend my appreciation to RAM for coming out with the TRX, thereby forcing Ford's woke lazy ass to respond with the Raptor R and then retiring the TRX. Mission accomplished! If it wasn't for Ram's TRX, the Raptor would have been down to a 4 cyl by now.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am still unsure why RAM has the RHO. Its still a combustible engine. Why didn't they just keep the TRX for another run of 5 years?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On behalf of all Raptor fans, I'd like to extend my appreciation to RAM for coming out with the TRX, thereby forcing Ford's woke lazy ass to respond with the Raptor R and then retiring the TRX. Mission accomplished! If it wasn't for Ram's TRX, the Raptor would have been down to a 4 cyl by now.
You’re probably correct. Personally, I hope they come out with an ultra-woke, odd cylinder configuration next. 500 hp 5 cylinder FTW, 3 cylinder if they can swing it.

Last edited:

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re probably correct. Personally, I hope they come out with an ultra-woke, odd cylinder configuration next. 500 hp 5 cylinder FTW, 3 cylinder if they can swing it.
If it has Direct Injection....Stay Far Away. They nothing but problems after 40 to 50k miles. If ya lucky you could make it to 80k before all the coking happens