What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RHO is clearly the every man’s TRX….in other words it’s a raptor. And it’s a little cheaper too, but dealers will fix that. Ford won’t do anything in response until a gen 4 comes out. Expect a powerboost if I had to guess.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im really curious how Ford is going to make dramatic enough changes to a gen 4 to make it worth it. The gen 3 was easy with getting rid of the leafs…what’s left to push the needle of off-road capability? Add an inch of travel? Slightly better shocks? FRS shocks as standard….maybe ….

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still have a feeling the 24’s will be unlocked and the 23’s will always be the bastard year that was never broken lol
Or . . . they will crack the 23 only to realize it’s different each year and not worth the effort moving forward, leaving the 23R as the only tunable R

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or . . . they will crack the 23 only to realize it’s different each year and not worth the effort moving forward, leaving the 23R as the only tunable R
Ford should offer tuning for the R. If the crate engine is being offered at 760hp, it's got to be an easy switch... I believe the GT500 is 760hp as well

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a pulley away from serious power! Does the R have substantial upgrades to the trans?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im really curious how Ford is going to make dramatic enough changes to a gen 4 to make it worth it. The gen 3 was easy with getting rid of the leafs…what’s left to push the needle of off-road capability? Add an inch of travel? Slightly better shocks? FRS shocks as standard….maybe ….
Was that really a dramatic change? Nice? Absolutely. Dramatic? I'm not so sure. My prediction is that Ford will milk the Raptor line for as long as they can without spending much money on it. They're losing so much pushing the woke EV idiocy that R&D pennies have got to be tight for the "dying technologies". I expect minor tweaks and reuse of as many F-150 parts as possible. I hope to be wrong. My track record is good. :)

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was that really a dramatic change? Nice? Absolutely. Dramatic? I'm not so sure. My prediction is that Ford will milk the Raptor line for as long as they can without spending much money on it. They're losing so much pushing the woke EV idiocy that R&D pennies have got to be tight for the "dying technologies". I expect minor tweaks and reuse of as many F-150 parts as possible. I hope to be wrong. My track record is good. :)
That’s fair…it’s not dramatic. I’d say a nice step forward yes. The gen 4 will carry whatever interior “upgrades” from the regular F150…and beyond that Im not sure what else than can do. It’s not like they can get in a HP race with the 3.5 hybrid or not. Sure the 3.5 is capable of more power, but Ford is not going to release some strung out 93 octane only Raptor and warranty it for 5 years. 500hp is the most we can expect Ford to do with the current 3.5.

Gen 1 was revolutionary. Gen 2 brought live valves and modern interior gizmos…gen 3 ….coil rear suspension 37s and the R. What will gen 4 bring…a little bit better shocks and slightly more power and a 16” interior screen?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 1 was revolutionary. Gen 2 brought live valves and modern interior gizmos…gen 3 ….coil rear suspension 37s and the R. What will gen 4 bring…a little bit better shocks and slightly more power and a 16” interior screen?
When you put it like that, it’s clear that Ford is doing less and less with each generation. My guess is that your guess is pretty good.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s fair…it’s not dramatic. I’d say a nice step forward yes. The gen 4 will carry whatever interior “upgrades” from the regular F150…and beyond that Im not sure what else than can do. It’s not like they can get in a HP race with the 3.5 hybrid or not. Sure the 3.5 is capable of more power, but Ford is not going to release some strung out 93 octane only Raptor and warranty it for 5 years. 500hp is the most we can expect Ford to do with the current 3.5.

The gen 3 wasn't/isn't enough to make me move from my Gen 2. It's really the same truck with updated rear suspension (best part of the gen 3 IMO) and newer interior (which personally IDGAF about). The Gen 1 was the first, always will be special IMO. But, the Gen 2 was all aluminum/composite body which really made the truck much lighter - obviously the 3.5TT is awesome too IMO.