What to do??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justretired

Reaction score
I am new to the site, and just ordered a new Raptor a couple weeks ago. I have had diesels for years, and currently have a 2011 Duramax, with a H&S tuner......runs great.
Going back to a gas engine, I want good performance. I have spent a week reading numerous threads on here about performance mods. In the end, I still am not sure what I want to do.
I was hoping for a little guidance from some of you who have been there.

I am leaning toward a CAI and complete exhaust to let the 6.2 breath. That should help performance quite a bit. I am torn on a tuner, or a Roush stage 1 system. I am also not sure the Roush stage 1 will give me enough extra performance over the CAI/Exhaust upgrade, to justify the cost of it??
I do not want to trash the warranty the first month I get the truck, so the Roush package has that advantage.
Looking for advice on mods that will maintain warranty and give me the best performance. Do I just do a CAI/Exhaust? If so, what exhaust and how far do I go......are headers needed? I live in a rural area, so getting inspected without Cats is not a issue.
Read a lot about tuners on here, and seems that I would need a dealer that would look the other way should I go that route??
Any advice is much appreciated guys.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whipple, leave the stock exhaust and 5/60,000 year supplemental powertrain warranty!!!, best bang for the bucks. JMHO