What oils y'all using in the EcoBoost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daneger

Reaction score
Penzoil Ultra Platinum, as good as it gets for the price without having to jump to Redline/Amsoil. Research for yourself.

I swapped mine out at 500 miles, and will do 5K oci.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
After 60+ years of driving, racing, maintaining, and modifying engines I've never worn out or had a lubrication-related failure in any engine using synthetic oil of any brand in the correct viscosity and API rating. All the EcoBoost engines need the latest API SP-rated synthetic oil, ANY BRAND, to control LSPI.
Personally, I run Walmart 5w30 SuperTech full synthetic and/or Mobile1 in all 3 of my Evoboost vehicles. The Raptor has the most miles at 90k tuned on 50% corn and still runs a mid 12sec 1/4 mile, never any cam phaser problems either.
While racing back in the day in non-emission controlled hotrods, I ran Redline Racing Oil and in my street cars I ran Mobile1.
The BRAND only matters in your head and your wallet. Oh yeah, it MUST be changed at = or < 5k miles. If you “allow” some idiot at the dealer or jiffy lube to do your oil service, your sh*t is f*cked and you dont even know how bad.

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mobil1 5w30, going to switch to 5w50 soon i think

id probably switch to amsoil, but its not readily available at the local meijer.. however thats what is in everything but the engine/trans.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mobil1 5w30, going to switch to 5w50 soon i think

id probably switch to amsoil, but its not readily available at the local meijer.. however thats what is in everything but the engine/trans.
I would not run 5w50, the truck runs the same oil pressure, so you're just getting a lower volume of thicker oil through the engine. If you run it hard and oil temp is consistently above 230 or so, 5w40 helps keep the pressure up when it's hot. But 5w50 is not needed and doesn't really help anything.