What kills a Cat @ 58k 14 Raptor 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very high ZDDP (Zinc) add pack in the engine oil can harm a cat prematurely in its service life. Its part of the reason there isn't as much zinc in formulations now.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here she is. Not my idea color.
Damn dude, looks BUILT, I would ignore the light haha! I recently rolled 205k on my '13 and stock cats, zero issues. Had a hunk of shit '83 Chevy back in the day that the catalytic converter plugged up on and wouldn't start (finally figured out after changing plugs, wires, HEI, etc etc), think it had 100k hard miles on it and no idea why it did other than being a GM product. 58k is way premature but 1) does it even have them? As much as I can see done to it there's a chance they went catless or zoomie headers or who knows what, and 2) how does it run? I would scan it myself to see what the actual error codes if it starts and revs fine. But anyway, good luck, more pics!!!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score