What is this buzz sound? Its driving me nuts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Its not a tracker...lol. My wife drives this thing more than I do. We do have a garmin MINI dash cam and Uniden R8 Radar detector. I will unplug them for a few days and see if it makes any difference.

I DID recently hear the Gen2 shock buzz sound on you tube and my sound is damn near identical to it. It seems much much stronger sounding in this video than what I hear. And in this video its loud enough to clearly hear it coming from the shock. Mine is much more fait sounding. Next time it happens, I'll try and see if I can narrow it down to a shock. IT sure sounds very simular.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s one of the shocks solenoids. Next time you hear it pull over and listen by the shocks. I heard this exact noise once on my rears. After starting and shutting off it went away.

I would also just disconnect the battery, unplug the solenoids and plug them back in. One could be loose or making a poor connection. Might as well check that all fuses are seated too while you have the battery unplugged.

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday!

I have a 23 Raptor 35" and it makes this god aweful buzz sound at random. I mostly hear it when pulling in to park. Its like an electrical overload feedback sound. Like a gutiar amp...

I had an annoying buzz in my '22 Raptor. It drove me ******* mad. It was generally inconsistent. However, it turned out to be related to having a electrical plug with two USB sockets I used for my phone charger. As soon as I removed that, it went away. Something to do with the three pronged outlet. It didn't matter if I had anything taking current from that plug. Potentially a bad adapter? Came out of the speakers. Hope you track down your issue.

OP
OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im going back to the dealer on Monday. Its getting worse and I now smell burning electronics. I smelled it right after parking it in this video.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it’s faint in the video, but noticeable. I’ll bet it’s annoying AF live.

OP
OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its horrible. Its much louder in person. Its something electrical if I had to guess. ITs that kind of feedback noise. I removed my dash cam and radar detector just to make sure its not that. No change.

I do have a Baja Design reverse light kit installed. The SPV kit with reverse activated or manual switch override. The reverse activated harness goes into driver rear light. ITs easy to remove, so I took that out just to see if it made any difference. It DID NOT.

BUT. I did smell the same burning electronic smell I had smelled earlier. The back of my tail light and the harness plug that went into my light both had the same smell. Not good. Everything functions just fine though. And did before too. Maybe I walked into another problem about to happen? I dont know. But I removed the reverse trigger part of my baja designs reverse light kit for good.

The sound is for sure coming from the back of the cab too. That I confirmed today.

Anyhow, we will see what the dealer says on monday. But so far I have no fix and found a funky smelling tail light.

Meh.