What is this buzz sound? Its driving me nuts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday!

I have a 23 Raptor 35" and it makes this god aweful buzz sound at random. I mostly hear it when pulling in to park. Its like an electrical overload feedback sound. Like a gutiar amp on full blast with nothing being played yet. It changes in tone when I turn left or right. The more I turn, the higher the pitch gets to a point. It also changes in pitch as I move forward or back. But mostly seems to be affected by steering wheel movement.

I also sometimes (no everytime) hear it for about 4-5 seconds once I turn the truck off. It somewhat sounds like its coming from the transmission.

I do not believe this is a wheel bearing issue. Its not that kind of sound. And my truck drives straight and steers fine. This sound just comes and goes at its own will. I might hear it once a month or twice a day. Its much more electrical feedback sounding. No issues with the truck. No CEL. No electtrial gremlins. Truck has 9K miles on it. I did take it to the dealer. But I didnt have video proof yet and of course it didnt do it when I was there. So before I go back, I figured I would ask the community what this might be.

1.5 seconds to the 5 second mark there is a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZ sound if you crank up your speakers. Thats the sound driving me nuts.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
man, that is annoying AF. I’d take it the stealership and log the complaint ask to take a test drive in the truck and see if you can replicate.

OP
OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it coming from the speakers?
Not it doesn't appear to be the speakers. But sure sounds like it would be coming from them. Next time it happens, I will stop, open my door and listen to my speakers again. I seem to think its coming in the dash, motor or transmission. When it happens and I park. When I shut down and get out, I can here it continue for like 3-4 seconds and it seem to be coming from the middle the truck. But by the time I get my head under there, it stops.

OP
OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, that is annoying AF. I’d take it the stealership and log the complaint ask to take a test drive in the truck and see if you can replicate.
I did that last week when I got my b pillar ratttle fixed. The dealer SM came along for a ride and of course my truck would not replicate that sound. They fixed my b pillar rattle though. But I finally caught this sound on a dash camera so my next move is to show them the video and go from there. I actually emailed it to my service rep. Im waiting for a response.

Last edited:

JDMCTR00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear a thump right when it starts (around 1 sec) then I hear the same thump right as it stops (around 5 secs), Is that part of the problem your having?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I hear it. Any mods, amps/speakers or whatever? Electric steering rack noise? Time to strap a gopro in the nether regions.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear it. Any mods, amps/speakers or whatever? Electric steering rack noise? Time to strap a gopro in the nether regions.
GoPro? Nether regions?? Ahhh i see where you’re going… You are suspecting the wife or girlfriend with the mysterious buzzing. OP… you can always count on your forum buddies to be… well… thorough.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GoPro? Nether regions?? Ahhh i see where you’re going… You are suspecting the wife or girlfriend with the mysterious buzzing. OP… you can always count on your forum buddies to be… well… thorough.
The buzz sound is likely interference from the hidden camera and gps tracker his wife had installed.

:iranmaybe:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockerFL