What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced spark plugs on my own for the first time ever.

For anyone who is thinking of doing on it on your own, I highly recommend you save some money and do it yourself. I’m no mechanic and now how to do basic things but spark plugs was for sure an easy job.

Here are my old colder plugs at 9k miles. I change them out ever 15k miles as per @GooseTuned recommendation but these were changed out early because dealer supposedly put new stock ones in during a recent warranty job. Dealership lieeesssss.

Attachments

• IMG_8631.jpeg
    IMG_8631.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 13

Todd Turbo S

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced spark plugs on my own for the first time ever.

For anyone who is thinking of doing on it on your own, I highly recommend you save some money and do it yourself. I’m no mechanic and now how to do basic things but spark plugs was for sure an easy job.

Here are my old colder plugs at 9k miles. I change them out ever 15k miles as per @GooseTuned recommendation but these were changed out early because dealer supposedly put new stock ones in during a recent warranty job. Dealership lieeesssss.
My spark plugs I removed with only five or 6000 miles looked like yours, from what I understand it’s pretty common that they get gunk up very quickly, and although I agree with you, that dealerships aren’t always very forthcoming. It’s possible that they did change them

Mike72

Reaction score
We've had some unusually warm weather here in southern Ontario for the laat few days, so this weekend was rustproofing time, as it appears the PO had never done any. Cleaned off loose rust with wire brush, couple of coats of rust converter, RP-342 (black) and finally Surface Shield inside the frame rails. The RP-342 is messy, so gloves, hat, goggles and respirator are required. I put down some old OSB boards on the floor to catch the drips. On the skin, it comes off easier than I thought. The gritty hand cleaner you can buy at autoparts stores works well to get it off your hands/arms. Any overspray the got on the paint come off easily with rubbing alcohol.

Should be ready for winter now, as they like to use generous amounts of salt and brine in our area.

20241020_114652.jpg20241020_114642.jpg20241020_114620.jpg20241020_114534.jpg

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We've had some unusually warm weather here in southern Ontario for the laat few days, so this weekend was rustproofing time, as it appears the PO had never done any. Cleaned off loose rust with wire brush, couple of coats of rust converter, RP-342 (black) and finally Surface Shield inside the frame rails. The RP-342 is messy, so gloves, hat, goggles and respirator are required. I put down some old OSB boards on the floor to catch the drips. On the skin, it comes off easier than I thought. The gritty hand cleaner you can buy at autoparts stores works well to get it off your hands/arms. Any overspray the got on the paint come off easily with rubbing alcohol.

Should be ready for winter now, as they like to use generous amounts of salt and brine in our area.

View attachment 470961View attachment 470962View attachment 470963View attachment 470964
Yup Ontario roads are white in the winter. I did Woolwax on mine.