What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the +3HD springs at Deaver this morning. Really nice guys and total professionals… Was a little worried when I first saw the shop…thought I was walking into Sanford and Son’s for a minute! Yes, I’m that old…

i-hJZV5KZ-X4.jpgi-gpThnjn-X4.jpg

…and drove them up to Montclair to have the tow assist mounts installed at Izzy Fab. You know the shop’s gtg when it’s on the SnapOn truck route!

i-4sMwNtJ-X4.jpg

…and that the shop is completely packed with trophy trucks and pre-runners, with even more projects in progress in the parking lot! LoL.

i-p9CwSqn-X4.jpg

This one caught my eye…there’s a lot going on:

i-FDRDtwM-X4.jpg

Regardless, Izzy has the truck now, and should have the bed off by this afternoon. The project may be finished by tomorrow, but most likely Mid-day on Thursday.

Also bought a Powertank nitrogen shock kit to top off the new Fox ‘helper’ shocks that come with Izzy’s kit.

May take the rental car over to HM Offroad mañana to get some ideas for future projects …we’ll see how the day goes.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my SPD Performance muffler to go with my SPD Trombone.

Install is as easy are your rusted exhaust clamps (FML). Overall not too bad just not fun in the Florida sun but wanted to get it done.

Love the sound. Everything as advertised and what I wanted. Doesn’t drown out my turbo spool either which I’m very happy about.

Thank you @Nick@Apollo-Optics always taking care of a brotha. Prost my dude!

View attachment 465489
View attachment 465490

Appreciate your support, man! Glad we could get you dialed in!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up the +3HD springs at Deaver this morning. Really nice guys and total professionals… Was a little worried when I first saw the shop…thought I was walking into Sanford and Son’s for a minute! Yes, I’m that old…
Pretty sure they are older... (1892) :p

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, not what I did, but rather what Izzy’s team got accomplished so far…might even be finished tonight.

View attachment 465801

View attachment 465802

View attachment 465803
Picked it up this morning and shocked at how smooth the ride is despite the HD springs … longer shackles offset the extra inch rise on the +3HDs. My stock springs were toast..completely de-arched and the shackles were binding pretty badly too.

Truck feels much more planted now too.

i-bBnX2Lr-X4.jpg

…and 600 miles later, made it to Travis AFB…my old stomping grounds before moving to Europe. Hell, our daughter was born in the hospital on base here! The building smack in the middle of my windscreen in this pic as I was pulling up to the main gate:

IMG_4345.jpeg

…one more night at hotels before a couple nights at my wife’s cousin’s farm in OR, then a couple days touring wineries in the Willamette Valley. We loves us some Pinot, and I honestly beieve that in a good hot year, the Pinots coming out of the Willamette Valley in OR are literally the best tasting wines in the world….has to be a hot year though.

Regardless, good night truck, good night jet flying over as I took this pic!

i-s6GjfSB-X4.jpg

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103