What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was you an ADR? After I got off the ship I went to ADR school and was in the next to the last class because they were discontinuing prop plans I became an air crewman on a C1A and US2B my last 2 years in the navy.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Navy, that’s the insignia for reciprocating engine mechanic, which is ADR The air department, reciprocating my grandson is going through training right now in Texas in the Air Force he graduates next month, so I’ll be driving out there to see him. Thank you for your service.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for the damn lube locker gasket to arrive to do my rear diff cover…it’s been stuck in Houston for 3 days now. I know, I know…#1stworldproblems

Went ahead and did the transfer case…easy, peasy. I’m a bit ashamed to admit it, but I’m pushing 70K or more miles since I last drained and replaced the transfer case fluid. No excuses, it’s too easy to do for me not to have done it with one of the oil changes.

Regardless, no real pics of the actual drain, but you can see how dark it was from the dribble coming out of the fill port after I pulled that plug…always pull the fill plug first!

i-9cvW4mm-4K.jpg

I bought an extra quart and ran about 1/2 of that bottle through as a flush, with the drain still open:

i-TttgB2G-4K.jpg

Reinstalled the drain plug, and filled until it dribble out the fill port. Took just under two quarts:

i-V9FRnMN-4K.jpg

And all buttoned up with fresh gear sauce…45-minute job, including the time to drop the rack guards/bash plates. I won’t wait as long until the next one, I promise!

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Still waiting for the damn lube locker gasket to arrive to do my rear diff cover…it’s been stuck in Houston for 3 days now. I know, I know…#1stworldproblems

Went ahead and did the transfer case…easy, peasy. I’m a bit ashamed to admit it, but I’m pushing 70K or more miles since I last drained and replaced the transfer case fluid. No excuses, it’s too easy to do for me not to have done it with one of the oil changes.

Regardless, no real pics of the actual drain, but you can see how dark it was from the dribble coming out of the fill port after I pulled that plug…always pull the fill plug first!

View attachment 460426

I bought an extra quart and ran about 1/2 of that bottle through as a flush, with the drain still open:

View attachment 460428

Reinstalled the drain plug, and filled until it dribble out the fill port. Took just under two quarts:

View attachment 460429

And all buttoned up with fresh gear sauce…45-minute job, including the time to drop the rack guards/bash plates. I won’t wait as long until the next one, I promise!
How often should it be changed? I know I know....use the search button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zpadilla