What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Applied Dura-Coating permanent tire dressing to my new tires. I have tried several products, including CarPro blackout ceramic tire costing and so far I’m very impressed with the DuraCoat. Time will tell how long it last. Lots of prep is keyView attachment 433649View attachment 433650 View attachment 433651
Where’s @Bunman when you need him to debate the finer points of tire shine! Tires look shinny Todd, but is that a spec of sand I see on it “uh oh”!

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Filled it with 93, threw it in sport mode, and had some fun. Love it when my kids say, "Daddy, lets take the Raptor!"
Man that brought back a long past memory. Grew up in the back seat of a 72 mustang Mach1. And I remember saying "erk it daddy erk it"

Which was in child speak, "chirp the tires dad"

I have been a gear head since birth!!

I hope your children remember the "Raptor" forever!!!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Add some ghost pepper. Deavers aren't in the picture, along with air bumps (at the shop already) and final touch hasn't arrived yet.

But shop is closed tomorrow so I have it to myself. Been collecting parts for 10 months time to get this show on the road.

Are you going bypass?

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you going bypass?
Man I have the hardest time cutting a hole in my bed. Not sure why, some weird OCD thing I guess.

Going with RPG cantilever set up. Going to give 18 inches rear travel, so should be same as a bypass set up.

I can't explain it, but when I first saw it and it got in my brain I had to have/try it.

Some may 2nd guess and that is fine, I have wasted more money on stupider shit.

At one time I owned 1 of only 3 supercharged Taurus SHO's (original Yamaha engine) that didn't turn out so well. Engine tuning was NOT where it is now back in 1999. (Especially on an OBD1 set up).

Last edited: