What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a RetraxPro XR cover. Seemed like overkill that cost too much but I found a really good deal online and now that it's installed I don't regret it for a second.

Attachments

• 2A11098D-0DCF-43FE-A817-D9FBFF1480FA_1_105_c.jpeg
    2A11098D-0DCF-43FE-A817-D9FBFF1480FA_1_105_c.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 31

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tradition up here in the PNW is the annual opening of SR-20 aka the North Cascade Highway. SR 20 is one of the State Routes in Washington that have portions closed in the winter . Washington Pass (elev. 5,477 feet or 1,669 meters) and nearby Rainy Pass (elev. 4,875 feet or 1,486 meters) annually receive up to 15 feet (4.6 m) of snow throughout the winter, and are prone to avalanches leaving over 20 feet (6.1 m) of snow on the road. Clearing usually begins in March or April starting at both the Western and Eastern closing points and meeting somewhere in the middle as conditions permit. Opening day is usually in May, though in winters with unusually heavy snowfall, or unusually cool springs, a June opening is not unheard of.

A tradition for many years was Tootsie Clark bringing cinnamon rolls to the highway workers and motorists present at the opening to celebrate. After Tootsie's passing her family has carried on her legacy.

This is the second year Venture and I have made it up to the opening. Home, up to the Western closure, over the pass and through Winthrop, Twisp and a few others, down US-97 then I-90 back to Seattle make up one of several Cascade Loop trips, though it's not the actual Cascade Loop Scenic Byway route. Still, a 430 mile round trip is nothing to sneeze at. And a great way to spend a sunny spring day! And a reminder that the West Coast is enjoying the highest gas prices in the country. This was after my $0.40/gallon fuel points discount!!

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 35

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What were your symptoms ? I am trying to figure out if my tire noise is tire noise or a bad bearing. Rotated the tires can still hear it.
That’s exactly what happened was I had a little bit of a growl starting in the front drivers side so I rotated the and still had it. Service advisor said it’s just the tires. Now my service advisor is great always working hard to solve any problems in my vehicles but because I went with true 35x12.5x20 they said probably uneven wear. So I took my full size spare that has had 0 miles in it put it on the front left and guess what same growl and getting worse. When my Service advisor and I took it for a spin he could hear it, then had him drive it and he could hear it isolated to the front left and feel it through the steering but I’m super sensitive to anything out of the ordinary with my vehicles so I’m pretty early on calling out something slightly off, and super particular with my stuff and my Service guy understands that there are only 2 of there guys that can work on my stuff at my Dealer. Good luck with your issue hope this helps.

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
That’s exactly what happened was I had a little bit of a growl starting in the front drivers side so I rotated the and still had it. Service advisor said it’s just the tires. Now my service advisor is great always working hard to solve any problems in my vehicles but because I went with true 35x12.5x20 they said probably uneven wear. So I took my full size spare that has had 0 miles in it put it on the front left and guess what same growl and getting worse. When my Service advisor and I took it for a spin he could hear it, then had him drive it and he could hear it isolated to the front left and feel it through the steering but I’m super sensitive to anything out of the ordinary with my vehicles so I’m pretty early on calling out something slightly off, and super particular with my stuff and my Service guy understands that there are only 2 of there guys that can work on my stuff at my Dealer. Good luck with your issue hope this helps.

Thanks I will stop trying to dianose it myself and take it in.