What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Raptor

Reaction score
Changed out my small Builtright panel for a large one. Took their large universal panel, cut it in half and used it for the two sides. Now to take it all off so I can line the bed lol

View attachment 454543

View attachment 454544

View attachment 454545
I'm curious about the standoffs or whatever they're called that you used to mount those panels to the bedsides. What are they, and how strong of a mounting point are they? I'm rather surprised @BuiltRight doesn't offer a full-length panel utilizing something along these lines to overcome the way the bedsides are designed in that a regular panel mounted to the usual tie-down hook locations couldn't run front to back the whole length of the bedside.

I'm also curious how you have the jack secured under the tonneau cover (Retrax?) cannister.

k3k0a808

Reaction score
I'm curious about the standoffs or whatever they're called that you used to mount those panels to the bedsides. What are they, and how strong of a mounting point are they? I'm rather surprised @BuiltRight doesn't offer a full-length panel utilizing something along these lines to overcome the way the bedsides are designed in that a regular panel mounted to the usual tie-down hook locations couldn't run front to back the whole length of the bedside.

I'm also curious how you have the jack secured under the tonneau cover (Retrax?) cannister.
The canister for the Retrax blocks the front tie down points, Builtright does make a panel for that one but nothing to span between the two.. I didn't end up getting the front panel set so I don't know if they would work as a mounting point for a mid-span panel. The standoffs are aluminum spacers that Builtright sells. I had to get longer stainless screws, and I installed rivet nuts into the aluminum bed. So far they are fairly strong, but I wouldn't mount the jack on them or anything really heavy. The jack under the canister doesn't move at all with the rubber bed mat and the tension from the jack handle against the canister. The handle dented the canister a little bit as well and that helps it to stay put. I was thinking about making some type of retention for it but so far it hasn't moved on me.

Last edited:

77Raptor

Reaction score
The canister for the Retrax blocks the front tie down points, Builtright does make a panel for that one but nothing to span between the two.. I didn't end up getting the front panel set so I don't know if they would work as a mounting point for a mid-span panel. The standoffs are aluminum spacers that Builtright sells. I had to get longer stainless screws, and I installed rivet nuts into the aluminum bed. So far they are fairly strong, but I wouldn't mount the jack on them or anything really heavy. The jack under the canister doesn't move at all with the rubber bed mat and the tension from the jack handle against the canister. The handle dented the canister a little bit as well and that helps it to stay put. I was thinking about making some type of retention for it but so far it hasn't moved on me.
This is all great info. Thank you! Love how you've laid out your bed. I keep going back and forth on living with the Retrax and the lost bed space or changing the bed cover to the Revolver x4ts and reclaim some bed space plus the additional locations I could mount molle panels.

k3k0a808

Reaction score
This is all great info. Thank you! Love how you've laid out your bed. I keep going back and forth on living with the Retrax and the lost bed space or changing the bed cover to the Revolver x4ts and reclaim some bed space plus the additional locations I could mount molle panels.
Thanks! ive been debating on going with a smartcap, my boss has one on his Ram and it looks pretty good.