What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added some adjustable bed rail tie downs and a GMRS setup. I used the Bulletproof Diesel Third Brake Light Antenna Mount with Rigid lights, then I added the Midland GMRS. I ran a cable for a CB radio on the other side of the mount. It does seem brighter in the bed, but it is deceiving with the amber colored lights. I also added a weBoost in hopes that it will actually extend the range of phone service so I can check on my family when I’m deep into the rough country territory. I was previously able to drive to the top of a couple of mountains I go to frequently and have service in an area less than 25 yards in diameter. I’ll find out on Tuesday if that area has expanded. I was also not able to get service in many other areas I drive through. I already have better service in two areas.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 80

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added some adjustable bed rail tie downs and a GMRS setup. I used the Bulletproof Diesel Third Brake Light Antenna Mount with Rigid lights, then I added the Midland GMRS. I ran a cable for a CB radio on the other side of the mount. It does seem brighter in the bed, but it is deceiving with the amber colored lights. I also added a weBoost in hopes that it will actually extend the range of phone service so I can check on my family when I’m deep into the rough country territory. I was previously able to drive to the top of a couple of mountains I go to frequently and have service in an area less than 25 yards in diameter. I’ll find out on Tuesday if that area has expanded. I was also not able to get service in many other areas I drive through. I already have better service in two areas.
Nice setup Slimmy.

I have the same setup except VHF instead of CB. I was hoping the lights were a little brighter, but it gets the job done.

Curious if the weboost works, keep us posted.

IMG_4905.jpegIMG_4612.jpeg