What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
I thought it only applied to F150 Lightening? What program number did you reference??
That’s a common misconception because no where in the document does it say it’s specific to any trim level.

Program is 22G06.

Here’s my video walkthrough of how I navigated the conversations with my dealer. I have a great dealership so that may be a huge part of it.

How I got a free heated steering from Ford

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How’s the ride, handling, and driving experience in comparison?
Well, the Mach was my 9th Mustang through the years, and my second Mach 1 model (first was '04). Latest model owned was a 2013 GT/CS. Had everything in-between '69-'22.

Compared to the Blackwing, you definitely feel the weight in corners, but I'm still new to the car. It's planted and extremely confidence inspiring. Getting out of the Mach and into the Blackwing, it's a comfortable transition.

Low slung, hard to get out of, not the best visibility. Both V8, both Tremec 6-speeds, both RWD. Both insanely quick - more than anything needed on streets.

That said, even though the interior of the CT5 is absolute shit compared to my wife's Porsche and on par with my F-150, for the price, I'd have preferred better. I drove my Mach about 200 miles before I threw an MGW into it, and that is better than the Blackwing, but I feel the Blackwing is better shifting than the stock Mach 1 shifter (lots of time at the Mach 1 Track Attack school).

As far as driving dynamics, as long as you realize you're hurling a 4,100lb vs 3,800lb car around (which astonishingly is something looking at the boat the Caddy is) and given it has the 668hp vs 470hp... It's incredible. My wife's Porsche is a twin turbo V8 and the Blackwing is a supercharged V8. 4.0TT vs 6.2S. The power delivery is damn impressive considering the differences.

The Mach 1 was as linear as any NA V8. Loved it, extremely predictable. The Blackwing seems the same so far in the <200 miles I've had it for. But that's positive displacement with the blower. Low RPM grunt in a high gear is just mind boggling. But this is also my first supercharger car.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the Mach was my 9th Mustang through the years, and my second Mach 1 model (first was '04). Latest model owned was a 2013 GT/CS. Had everything in-between '69-'22.

Compared to the Blackwing, you definitely feel the weight in corners, but I'm still new to the car. It's planted and extremely confidence inspiring. Getting out of the Mach and into the Blackwing, it's a comfortable transition.

Low slung, hard to get out of, not the best visibility. Both V8, both Tremec 6-speeds, both RWD. Both insanely quick - more than anything needed on streets.

That said, even though the interior of the CT5 is absolute shit compared to my wife's Porsche and on par with my F-150, for the price, I'd have preferred better. I drove my Mach about 200 miles before I threw an MGW into it, and that is better than the Blackwing, but I feel the Blackwing is better shifting than the stock Mach 1 shifter (lots of time at the Mach 1 Track Attack school).

As far as driving dynamics, as long as you realize you're hurling a 4,100lb vs 3,800lb car around (which astonishingly is something looking at the boat the Caddy is) and given it has the 668hp vs 470hp... It's incredible. My wife's Porsche is a twin turbo V8 and the Blackwing is a supercharged V8. 4.0TT vs 6.2S. The power delivery is damn impressive considering the differences.

The Mach 1 was as linear as any NA V8. Loved it, extremely predictable. The Blackwing seems the same so far in the <200 miles I've had it for. But that's positive displacement with the blower. Low RPM grunt in a high gear is just mind boggling. But this is also my first supercharger car.
Nice! Was the MGW worth it? I’m thinking of getting one on my gt350.

77Raptor

Reaction score
Nice! Was the MGW worth it? I’m thinking of getting one on my gt350.
As a GT350 owner with an MGW I can assure you it's absolutely worth it! The stock 350 shifter is a good bit better than the shifter in regular Mustang GT's with the crappy MT-82 transmission (which I also upgraded to MGW's), but there's still a significant improvement in the feel and shifts when upgrading to the MGW on the 350.

JD03Cobra

Reaction score
Can I still do this if I purchased it pre-owned? I know that the Ford Schools, you must be the original purchasing owner and can't even buy your way in (at least with Raptor Assault). Cadillac has the same type of verbiage on their website, but don't explicitly state it, though they do say anyone can do it for a cost.

The Cadillac website states, "Cadillac offers complimentary enrollment in the V-Performance Academy with the purchase of every 2022 and newer V-Series Blackwing" Well, I did technically purchase a Blackwing, but not as new... The V-Series School website says, "This program is part of the next-level Cadillac ownership experience for anyone who takes delivery of a new 2022 CT4-V Blackwing™ or 2022 CT5-V Blackwing™."

So that one is a bit more specific on taking delivery of a new... I could pay for the class, but I'm not interested in doing that for another school that's probably extremely similar to that of my Mach 1 Track Attack in Charlotte, but damn I bet it's fun all over again!

I hopped on the Tuxmat hype in the CT5 Blackwing and they're great, although the fronts are too cramped for my giant feet with three pedals. I'm seeing if I can return just the fronts and I'll get the weathertechs for that.

If you purchase a new vehicle (V or C8) then you get the invite to the Ron Fellows Driving School in Pahrump Nevada. I did the C8 driving school last summer there...what an amazing experience. I did see all the CTS and ATS V's out there. Also, you can pay out of pocket with their driving school packages.

I owned a CTS-V1 and still have my CTS-V2 (800hp) manual. Never getting rid of it.