What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18 and a 50-liter portable fridge in my truck. The 50 would fit behind the front seats in my Gen2 with no problem @ 14" deep. In my Gen3, pictured, it wouldn't fit so it became the truck bed fridge for weekend trips and groceries, (I brought it to the beach with my 20Ah Lithium battery attached in a wagon and it ran all day) etc... so I got the 18L for behind the seat for cold water, drinks, vodka etc... I have hard wires from my battery to both locations. The fridges have low voltage cutoff but I like to keep the 18L on all of the time to keep what's in it cool (I keep it between 45 and 55F depending on how soon I will be driving again to charge the battery). My battery has never been low enough to not start but I have had a couple of times that I could tell it was low when I didn't drive much for the day or forgot both of them on overnight and the fridge warmed up (it apparently hit the low voltage cutoff).
I experimented with some solar panels on my house during the Covid lockdown, I have 800 Watts and 500Ah of batteries, inverter, etc. Just enough to call it a hobby. I decided that solar would work for my truck if I could find the right size panels and they fit perfectly between the bed cover joints. Just finished it yesterday, 300 Watts and with limited testing / exposure I've gotten over 200 Watts peak out of them so far (pretty normal without them being angled toward the sun). They're pretty unobtrusive and not really noticeable unless you're up high enough. I held my phone up high for this pic.
1695940235564.png

8250_RPM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18 and a 50-liter portable fridge in my truck. The 50 would fit behind the front seats in my Gen2 with no problem @ 14" deep. In my Gen3, pictured, it wouldn't fit so it became the truck bed fridge for weekend trips and groceries, (I brought it to the beach with my 20Ah Lithium battery attached in a wagon and it ran all day) etc... so I got the 18L for behind the seat for cold water, drinks, vodka etc... I have hard wires from my battery to both locations. The fridges have low voltage cutoff but I like to keep the 18L on all of the time to keep what's in it cool (I keep it between 45 and 55F depending on how soon I will be driving again to charge the battery). My battery has never been low enough to not start but I have had a couple of times that I could tell it was low when I didn't drive much for the day or forgot both of them on overnight and the fridge warmed up (it apparently hit the low voltage cutoff).
I experimented with some solar panels on my house during the Covid lockdown, I have 800 Watts and 500Ah of batteries, inverter, etc. Just enough to call it a hobby. I decided that solar would work for my truck if I could find the right size panels and they fit perfectly between the bed cover joints. Just finished it yesterday, 300 Watts and with limited testing / exposure I've gotten over 200 Watts peak out of them so far (pretty normal without them being angled toward the sun). They're pretty unobtrusive and not really noticeable unless you're up high enough. I held my phone up high for this pic.
View attachment 425721
Code Orange is a great color but those sticker mods are on point.