What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did the old fluid look like? Any idea how many miles on it? Did it smell like death or like a burning car(?)
I just swapped my rear diff fluid out after 84K miles and there was no smell and it was pretty clean. Wondering if it was done 40K ago when I bought it.

My 04 Cobra diff fluid smelled like a dead body warmed over and was ready for that same smell but no dice this time

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We pulled a Ford 9in off a plumber's utility truck at a junkyard one hot and sweaty day in the 90's. To this day I can remember that diff smell.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
We pulled a Ford 9in off a plumber's utility truck at a junkyard one hot and sweaty day in the 90's. To this day I can remember that diff smell.
I have a Honda rancher that I bought with a blown rear diff. It had been shattered and sunk, so it was full of burnt gear oil and pluff mud. That was a new smell that I’d love to forget but it still lingers on the rancher

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Honda rancher that I bought with a blown rear diff. It had been shattered and sunk, so it was full of burnt gear oil and pluff mud. That was a new smell that I’d love to forget but it still lingers on the rancher
The hell is pluff mud

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just swapped my rear diff fluid out after 84K miles and there was no smell and it was pretty clean. Wondering if it was done 40K ago when I bought it.

My 04 Cobra diff fluid smelled like a dead body warmed over and was ready for that same smell but no dice this time
Friction modifier was the smell if it had a positrack.