What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my Vortex broke as well. Threw me for a bit as I was thinking my 4wd wasn't working as one side had a bunch of mud and the other not much at all. Realized that the one broke off at the first vent and the other broke off up at the base of the fender flare, of course broke off shorter on the driver side. Oh well now I can put on the PHP ones I ordered awhile back, hopefully those last longer.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Proven Design almost never break. I've had mine for almost two years in snow, sand, rocks, and logging roads they still look new...

PICT0006_zps43hquwex.jpg

PICT0004_zpsu7sf7tmm.jpg

PICT0019_zps283e6e30.jpg

Plus they fit the truck well...

I've never herd of one breaking? I think they did its warranted to so if one would happen to break its covered.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Both of my Vortex broke as well. Threw me for a bit as I was thinking my 4wd wasn't working as one side had a bunch of mud and the other not much at all. Realized that the one broke off at the first vent and the other broke off up at the base of the fender flare, of course broke off shorter on the driver side. Oh well now I can put on the PHP ones I ordered awhile back, hopefully those last longer.

Our Vortex broke during Snoball 2014

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the NVs on the truck. Now I rub on my PDP flaps and a little on my fender liner. Don't wanna go to mid perch, so I'll be doing some trimming when it warms up

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why don't you want to do a mid-perch adjustment? Your truck will ride better, it will look better, and you will not have to trim anything. Our trucks were designed for the Fox shocks at mid-perch. Just do it. In the future if you want to go back to stock you can and there will be no damage do to trimming. Just a thought...

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you want to do a mid-perch adjustment? Your truck will ride better, it will look better, and you will not have to trim anything. Our trucks were designed for the Fox shocks at mid-perch. Just do it. In the future if you want to go back to stock you can and there will be no damage do to trimming. Just a thought...

I get it. There's a few reasons but mainly I don't want to continually chase issues because of one adjustment. I've dealt with many a lifted truck, and once Lifted I usually had to chase issues that were related to the lift/level. I'd like to stay stock, and also not catch any shit from the dealer for warranty work if I go to mid perch

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get it. There's a few reasons but mainly I don't want to continually chase issues because of one adjustment. I've dealt with many a lifted truck, and once Lifted I usually had to chase issues that were related to the lift/level. I'd like to stay stock, and also not catch any shit from the dealer for warranty work if I go to mid perch

I get it. But I have been at mid perch (now at above top perch) with zero issues. Dealer has never said a word about it. I did put over 50k miles on mid perch with stock shocks and suggest anyone I talk to, to do the same. Ride was better. That nose dive on hard braking disappeared. Zero weird tire wear issues. And like mentioned above, you won't have to trim a thing. GO FOR IT!!!!

D

Deleted member 12951

Don't let the peer pressure sway your decision. If you want to stay stock, fully understand and stick to what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs