What are you replacing with the Gen 2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it true that if you order a vehicle, you don't Have to take it? I mean if the dealer ordered the exact same options as yours, and it shows up first and you will have to wait for your specific order to be built 2 months later or more .. won't you be able to just purchase the one on the lot. I know that when my dad orders his Cadillac he can chose not to take it and just give up his small deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In most cases yes and in most cases if you put down a deposit its refunded especially if its on a sought after vehicle like the Raptor. If you are putting down a non-refundable deposit Id look for a different dealer.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is ALLOCATED Raptors. The dealer can order as many RETAIL Raptors as he wants. My small dealer had 1 allocation and put in 5 orders already.

As has been stated numerous times before in numerous different threads. Allocation is allocation, it doesn't matter if it is retail or special order. My largish dealer is getting 15 units allocated for the entire CY 2017 Raptor model year. Period.

If he chooses to put in 15 customer orders, he's done and will have ZERO trucks on the lot for walk-in sales. If he gets 5 customer orders, he'll have 10 Raptors available for his lot. He can prioritize all 10 of those "lot" orders ahead of the 5 customer orders, if he thinks he'll make more money selling them off the lot.

Your small dealer gets one truck for the entire 2017 model year and you better hope he sells it to you.

ETA: If I were in your shoes, I'd be on the phone right now verifying you're getting his one allocation. If he tells you anything different, look for another dealer.

Last edited:

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be trading in my 2015 GMC Sierra Denali when my Raptor shows up... nice truck but really didn't live up to my expectations... I wanted one for a long time and the level of quality for that price tag seems lacking... I've had it for about a year and GM has pumped, seemingly, billions of trucks just like it each month crushing the value with insane rebates... I should have kept my 2011 Silverado a year longer.

My father purchased an F150 ~6months ago and i was hooked, really impressed. Looking forward to taking delivery... or at least getting a VIN

2017 F150 Raptor
SCREW
Avalanche
802A
Tech
17" Beadlock
Interior Accent - Dropped Carbon Fiber bc of this forum
Twin Panel Moonroof
Htd Steering
2nd row heat
Applique

Attachments

• IMG_5984.jpg
    IMG_5984.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 61
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 63

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'04 A6 2.7t. Over 10 years and 100k+ miles, often hard driven. Other than maintenance and service items, just a bad tailshaft seal and one cv boot. This has been one great, reliable FI vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 92

frank20

Reaction score
will be selling and replacing my 2012 FX4. Ordered an Oxford SuperCrew Lux the other day at MSRP! Super excited to finally get a Raptor and join the family. Planning to keep the Methods for the new truck but probably re-powdercoat either charcoal or bronze.

A361C517-9A29-4E16-B2EF-996201A14048_zpsyp8cpgha.jpg

F94B3026-0F9B-49AE-AE8A-A9D65A049121_zpsbniu3lhz.jpg

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold my 2001 F150 4/4 XLT, guy is letting me drive it till my Raptor gets here. She has been a real good truck and he will enjoy it also!

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Selling wife 2012 Jeep Liberty. It's towed my jet skis and snowmobiles well over the years but it's time to get a man's truck to take over the job.

I have never sold a car in my life, my first when I was 16 was driven until it died and I've kept every car I've ever bought since. They are like children. This will be our 6th until we sell the jeep, which is in my wife's name before we got married so this doesn't count against my perfect record!