Ways to Raise Truck to Grease Rear Shackle and Leaf Bushings??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a Goodyear garage and got a quote of $500 to have the 6 bushings on my 7 month old Icon leaf springs and FMI shackles(poly) greased this morning!! They squeak like a MF!
This is not rocket science! I can grease it myself if I could only get the @$$ end of my truck high enough to extend the springs/shackles to the point where the pivot points(bolts/bushings) are out of tension.

I have a Badlands jack w/ a short extension, but that doesn't cut it to get the rear bumper hitch high enough. Anyone else have a SAFE way for me to raise it high enough to get the rear shackles unbolted?

Photos please!

Thanks!

raptorsub

Reaction score
I have a 2018. When I put deaver leafs in. I also put RPG shackles. They have a grease fitting. Makes greasing them easy.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Foutz MS extended 7” shackles, and they definitely do not have a grease nipple. Wish they did!!

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still surprised not to see a greasable leaf spring bolt kit for this. Machined right it should still be reliable. Machined wrong could be catastrophic. But damn it would be convenient if done right! You'd need to drill/debur ports in the bushing sleeves.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vicsRaptor