Warranty/Cobb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine auto start/stop? I thought Gen 3's had that feature removed. Did some trucks squeak through with it?

they had it on 21's but removed on 22 and 23 because of "chip" shortage.
I don’t think it was removed altogether from the model years. It came down to whether or not they had the chips at the time your truck was built. If they forecasted that they would not have them they gave you the option to delete it and have the truck built faster. My 2022 truck has (had) it from the factory.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tbh i don't trust Ford right now to void the warranty. Issues from electronics, exhaust rattles, weird noises coming from under the car ect. Just my personal opinion but i think the truck is fast enough for me.
I’m not sure I would do it again given what I know now.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I don’t think it was removed altogether from the model years. It came down to whether or not they had the chips at the time your truck was built. If they forecasted that they would not have them they gave you the option to delete it and have the truck built faster. My 2022 truck has (had) it from the factory.
Gotcha. Neither of our 22's have it. I am not familiar with the Gen 3 cobb stuff, I did use a cobb tuner briefly on my Gen 2.
I would be curious if you could turn it back on with Forscan, as that's what I used to turn mine off on the Gen 2. I wonder if it's a deal that you can turn it off with the Gen 3 cobb but have to turn it back on at the dealer or with forscan? Might be worth a call to cobb.
Either way, I had Phasers done on the Gen 2, cobb hadn't been installed in some time, but I did have a bunch of forscan changes that stayed after the repair. No mention of anything from the dealer about it.

OP
OP
Rappin37

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford has to prove that a tuner caused damaged to a tranny or motor , with out evidence they can’t void your warranty

OP
OP
Rappin37

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger and purchases Stage 2 from Cobb and the radiator. Also going to get goose on the board also. I also believe on how you drive your truck and should respect the maps from Cobb and goose and not try to over due something that will bring engine failure. We ain’t all programmers

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has to prove that a tuner caused damaged to a tranny or motor , with out evidence they can’t void your warranty
That’s not true, Ford can void the warranty whenever they want at their discretion, they don’t have to prove anything to you. It’s not until you file a lawsuit that they need to offer any proof to substantiate the denial.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s not true, Ford can void the warranty whenever they want at their discretion, they don’t have to prove anything to you. It’s not until you file a lawsuit that they need to offer any proof to substantiate the denial.
Plus, it's pretty easy to blame an increase in horsepower and torque for the failure of motor and/or transmission, about as basic of a denial as there is.

Last edited:

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus it's pretty easy to blame an increase in horsepower and torque for the failure of motor and/or transmission, about as basic of a denial as there is.

Absolutely. The whole point of the tune is to push the truck beyond factory spec. Ergo....void!

Not hard folks.

OP
OP
Rappin37

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford would of shut down Cobb tuning years ago if they seen that it was a bad tune. They have the ability to shut down any vehicle at any time. I’m only saying that even with out a tune if you push the truck to its factory limits you still can damage your truck, it’s all about limiting your self and control, because I have more hp I don’t intend to max out my truck every day. Bol to everyone

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford would of shut down Cobb tuning years ago if they seen that it was a bad tune. They have the ability to shut down any vehicle at any time. I’m only saying that even with out a tune if you push the truck to its factory limits you still can damage your truck, it’s all about limiting your self and control, because I have more hp I don’t intend to max out my truck every day. Bol to everyone

Ford can't "shut down" Cobb and nobody is implying it's a bad tune.

It can void the warranty. That's all.