warranty claims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agcsr25

Reaction score
I am wondering how many members are experiencing ford questioning their warranty claims. I have spoken to couple of mod friendly dealers who have told me that ford is questioning them on nearly all raptor claims. The dealers say they have to get approval from ford who is asking them are there any mods, signs of abuse and have to sometimes send pics. Many times this is not enough and the regional ford rep has to inspect it before a warranty claim is approved. They say they are use to more questions on SVT vehicle claims but raptors are being checked out all the time. Any thoughts or experiences?

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a pretty poor experience with a warranty claim on my CVs. Boot was torn, Ford refused to cover because the shock was adjusted to 3rd Perch.

The part was adjusted to a Factory provided setting, with no aftermarket equipment installed, and they still refused the claim. That was a few months ago, I only imagine that things will continue to get worse.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my dealer do most of my mods, they will do my mid perch as well the only thing they would not install for me so far was my Roush CAI, they were concerned about the MAF sensor being damaged, so I installed it now it is still under warranty through them minus the MAF sensor which will cost me like a hundred bucks if it ever dies.

I have heard a few owners complain after Perch mods about their shocks not being warrantied afterwards, check with your dealers before doing some of these mods it may surprise you at least mine is very reasonable on the prices

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

agcsr25

Reaction score
Appreciate the input guys. I find it interesting how hyper-vigilant ford is being on raptor claims compared to other vehicles. It also appears that the dealer does not have much say on the claims and it is up to ford who has apparently been denying claims more on raptors than other vehicles. (This is from talking to dealers) thanks.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had trans issues. They told me they looked for a tune (glad I didn't have one) and they fixed it no problem.

Juicehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe Ford is so **** about warranty issues. Has anyone tried pulling the "Moss Magnuson Act" card?

From what I understand is that they must prove the mod caused the issue in order to refuse warranty work.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe Ford is so **** about warranty issues. Has anyone tried pulling the "Moss Magnuson Act" card?

From what I understand is that they must prove the mod caused the issue in order to refuse warranty work.

The MMS sounds great in theory, but practically speaking, it doesn't do much. Ford will deny the claim and then you must hire an attorney and pay thousands of dollars to assert MMA. It would be much less expensive to just pay the repair bill and Ford knows this.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The MMS sounds great in theory, but practically speaking, it doesn't do much. Ford will deny the claim and then you must hire an attorney and pay thousands of dollars to assert MMA. It would be much less expensive to just pay the repair bill and Ford knows this.

Exactly. Everyone thinks you can just yell out "Moss Magnuson Act *******!" and presto...problem solved. Wrongo chongo. If Ford says your aftermarket cold air intake led to the failure of a part in your transmission then guess what...you get to hire lawyer and fight them. We all know that is not likely, but its the truth.