warranty claims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe Ford is so **** about warranty issues. Has anyone tried pulling the "Moss Magnuson Act" card?

From what I understand is that they must prove the mod caused the issue in order to refuse warranty work.

Technically you could, but it won't scare Ford. They only have to prove it if you take them to court. And they know it'll be cheaper for you to fix it, than to go through the hassle of court and attorney's fees.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All repair claims for svt try and use pictures for svt team improvement .

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am wondering how many members are experiencing ford questioning their warranty claims. I have spoken to couple of mod friendly dealers who have told me that ford is questioning them on nearly all raptor claims. The dealers say they have to get approval from ford who is asking them are there any mods, signs of abuse and have to sometimes send pics. Many times this is not enough and the regional ford rep has to inspect it before a warranty claim is approved. They say they are use to more questions on SVT vehicle claims but raptors are being checked out all the time. Any thoughts or experiences?

Not to beat a horse to death but this a result of the bent frame claims a while back that originated on another forum.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I went through a huge thing with ford when my rear end went into self destruct mode!
back in Nov, 2010. Truck had 10000 miles on it. Been off roading all day, truck in 2WD, off road mode, all nannies off, and rear end locked. Went into a power slide in the sand and BANG! Got kicked out of everything immediately. Snapped the driver side axle almost at the diff. I had to drive out of the park since it was closing in less than 1 hour. Drive was 5 miles with the only thing holding the tire on was the brakes. Got a trailer and towed it back home 4 hours away.
Dealership looks and sees that the brakes are spread open, the axle housing was bent, the drive shaft had broken and basically jammed what was left into the diff messing that all up and all the shards just carved crap into everything. The whole rear end needed to be replaced
A dealership has to do a price comparison of it being cheaper to order all the pieces separate, or a whole new rear end. A whole set was cheaper, that was overnighted.
Upon reassembly, they noticed the driver rear shock had been blown out. On the shock cover there was a hole about golf ball size from taking my truck in the desert over 9000 miles ago. Even though they couldn't prove it, prior damage to the cover ended the warranty on the shock. We told them that happened 6 months ago but they didn't care.
We went back and forth with ford motor company big shots, finally got everything taken care of.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like Ford has not changed much. Back when Ford was making the Pinto, they had the option to recall all Pintos or deal with each Pinto owner individually. Well, Ford found that it was cheaper to settle with each owner individually so they took that route...

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think that Ford (who already charges a premium for these trucks) would take care of the folks that are able to afford them.