wanting some different headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always do your own headlights. It's not really that hard it's just a little time consuming and tedious,but if I can do it anyone can. I think I spent 500-600 bucks on everything. The retrofit source is a great site to pick up most everything you would need.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have some HID's in the factory 2011 housing which throw out a lot of light, but it goes everywhere and I get flashed every once in a while. They were done from the previous owner and I have been wanting new headlights since I got the truck. I almost bought some Anzo U-bars but the more research I did the less I wanted to cheap out.
I think I am going to end up getting a set made up by RSiWorks, it looks like he does amazing work. They aren't cheap but all you ever hear about lights is "you get what you pay for". I'll try and save some money somewhere else and pay for a good quality set.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you. I can't really afford some bad ass retrofitted headlights but I would love some. I can tell you from personal experience and first hand knowledge about the recon lights I got my recon lights 3 years ago before any kind of retrofit option was out and I really wish I would have waited I haven't had any problems with the headlights besides condensation on them and the adjustment screws are backwards the up/down is actually the left/right and vise versa now the tail lights I've gone through 2 left lights and one right tail light cause they keep going out or they'll work intermittently or only one half of the LEDs will work. I learned the hard way an wish I had someone tell me not to get the recon lights but I was one of the first guys to get them so yea that's my reasoning behind hating recon so much! Their customer service is ******* garbage and their products are shit!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I hate to say this but you can get some Recon/Spyder projectors maybe for around 300 and just upgrade the bulbs to the TRS bulbs and ballasts.
I used them for a couple of years and it worked ok just not the greatest quality of projection but still 10X better then the halogen stock crap the truck came with.
You can get a HID kit with 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts for around 150.
Then later on have RSiWORKS upgrade the projectors and what not.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well looks like im at that stage in the game were i just have you make me some headlights then huh roger ;) let me know if you want the Dunkoe Photography logo for the side marker lights hahahaha oh man i wish!