Ford Raptor XT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
You guys may know more about it that I do, so my question is, have you heard about those 50 trucks coming with a warranty?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I can remember reading. It doesn't even get a vin number. Hopefully we will get more information and actual real production model pics at SEMA this year. I wanna see if/and what parts Ford will sell that we can use to upgrade our regular Raptors.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AII, some of your previous posts have prompted me to wonder the same thing, but I haven't heard a definitive answer yet. Maybe one of you guys who works for Ford could find out for us.....?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I would say maybe a limited warranty but nothing like a bumper to bumper 36000 mile warranty? Just my opinion though...

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 1 ordered might be able to get 1 more $99500.00
randy

Ford Racing plans new extreme FR Raptor XT
In 2008 Ford took the off-road truck and enthusiast communities by storm introducing the 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor.
One short year after this historic event, we at Ford Racing are announcing that we plan to offer a new extreme offroad
prerunner – the 2011 FR Raptor XT (eXtreme Terrain). Some details of this exciting program have already
begun to surface, and we want to ensure you hear about it from us first.
The 2011 FR Raptor XT will be a factory-built truck. While still customizable, it will come ready for extreme offroad
use including desert pre-running and other non-highway adventures. While details are intentionally limited at
this time, the following should help you assess the product and its appeal.
Ford Racing Part Number: M-FRRAPTOR-XT
Program intent:
• Provide a truck that is a true pre-runner
• 50 units initial build
• Off-road only (VIN replaced by serial number)
• Estimated pricing, $99,500 MSRP
• 2011MY designation
• Build start in 12/2010;
• initial vehicles delivered beginning 2/2011

Orders / Feedback:
o Priority delivery will be given to orders of multiple vehicles.
o This order is a placeholder; dealers will not be billed until delivery of the vehicle to the dealer.
o An "off-road only" release will be required prior to delivery of M-FRRAPTOR-XT to the dealer.
• Only 50 units are under consideration, so dealers are encouraged to submit their orders before March 30 2010.
Delivery will be prioritized based on order entry date.
• Feedback on the proposed product should be directed to: Cliff Irey -
The FR Raptor XT joins Ford Racing's successful turn-key Mustangs available only from Ford Dealers. We
encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity.
2008 SCORE Tecate Baja 1000 – F150 SVT Raptor R
Vehicle content:
• 500hp (est.) 6.2L naturally aspirated engine
• 6-speed automatic transmission
• 4x4; 4.56 gear sets; front & rear e-lockers;
• A-Arm w/ uni-ball front; 4-Link RR suspension
• ~15" Front; / 18" Rear wheel travels
• Coil-over shocks / springs, front and rear
• Chromoly "4130" roll cage; extensive skid-plating
• Full featured interior, including power windows /
windshield and air conditioning!
• Factory seating w/ 5 point restraints
• Off-Road beadlock wheel/tires
• Unique appearance package including tubular
front and rear bumper and integral lighting
FR Raptor Prerunner – Q & A
1. Who is the FR Raptor XT customer?
Raptor XT customer is an off-road enthusiast or adventurer. Raptor XT customers may be
racers looking for pre-running or hunters or fishermen that love for the outdoors.
2. Where would someone use FR Raptor XT?
Pre-running, trail riding, hunting/fishing - extreme off-road applications where vehicle
capability is important and occupant comfort is a consideration. Raptor XT is especially for
those extreme customers who wish to go further, faster while maintaining high levels of
comfort
3. What are the functional differences between FR Raptor XT and production F-150 SVT Raptor?
Production F-150 SVT Raptor is developed for both on-road as well as high speed off-roading;
it delivers on that combined usage superbly. FR Raptor XT is a purpose built extreme off road
vehicle that will have increased horsepower, lower gearing, front axle e-locker, offroad tires,
bead-lock Aluminum wheels, and more suspension travel—all aimed at off-road usage. It will
maintain most cabin creature comforts enjoyed by today's production F-150 SVT Raptor
customers while delivering unparalleled levels of off-road capability for prerunning or outdoor
adventure.
4. Can I race this truck
FR Raptor XT is not intended to be a racing truck. Additional modifications would be required.
5. Can I drive this truck on the highway?
No, this vehicle is not for highway use. The VIN is replaced with a serial number. Additionally,
customers will be required to sign an off-road use (only) affidavit – which documents use
restrictions.

Banned
Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding the XT

1. what makes it non-street legal?
2. what mods have been done to the engine to give it increased HP?
3. will it have the select-shift transmission the other 2011's have?

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AII, some of your previous posts have prompted me to wonder the same thing, but I haven't heard a definitive answer yet. Maybe one of you guys who works for Ford could find out for us.....?

NO WARR

2011 FR RAPTOR XT (EXTREME TERRAIN) \n\nM-FRRAPTOR-XT+ Pricing
Suggested Retail:$99500.00Sold in Units of:Each (1)+ Tech Notes
Extreme Off-road Prerunner
Off-road only (VIN replaced by serial number)
50 unit initial build (White Only)
2011MY designation - Estimated build 2nd Qtr 2011
How to order
FR Raptor XT Content:
500hp (est.) 6.2L naturally aspirated engine - running pump premium fuel
6-speed automatic transmission
4x4; 4.56 gear sets; front & rear e-lockers
A-Arm w/ uni-ball front; 4-Link RR suspension
~15" Front; / 18" Rear wheel travels
Coil-over shocks / springs, front and rear
Chromoly "4130" roll cage; extensive skid-plating
Full featured interior, including power windows / windshield and air conditioning!
3 Race seats seats w/ 5 point restraints
Off-Road beadlock wheel/tires
Unique appearance package including tubular front and rear bumper and integral lighting
Pricing is FOB SE Michigan. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer
+ Details
Package Weight: 0 lbs

Part Type: Race Vehicle

Instruction Sheet: None

Warranty Availability: N/A

Catalog Page: 0

UPC Code: 75612211732

Last edited:

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding the XT

1. what makes it non-street legal?
2. what mods have been done to the engine to give it increased HP?
3. will it have the select-shift transmission the other 2011's have?

I will answer you trans question when I go pick up the XT I have on order. :jester:

Eng mod info, not released yet

Ford is building about 50 purpose built race off road trucks. To be street legal, they would have to go through crash testing and all the goverment regs. Just like the 50 Super Cobra Jet drag Mustangs, they are for racing or collecting.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you better take lots of pictures for all of us!!! lol. Whats the point of linking the rear if it only pulls 18 inches of travel??

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
We have 5 on order, 3 of which are spoken for with $20K down. Warranty details have been sketchy up until 2 weeks ago when I made a trip to Michigan to help a friend with some engineering issues. While I was there, details for the Raptor XT came a little more to light. There is a temporay warranty on the truck. Meaning the truck is covered while on the lot of the dealership. Defects, problems, etc. with the truck have to be addressed before placing it on the trailer to be transported. Bumper to Bumper, Powertrain, and especially Roadside Assisstance are not included.

Without technical Specs, and copy and pasting, the simple fact is that the truck has full race seat, roll bar, no airbags, and doesn't meet the EPA's gas mileage and emmissions standards. Off-Road lighting, fiberglass and aluminum body paneling make the truck lighter and also less likely to meet crash standards as well.
The increased horse-power is derrived from a larger bore and stroke of the engine that increases the displacement. Higher powered injectors, upgraded compression and timing also aid in this.
The transmission is not to the full standards of an automatic transmission. Not Select-Shift by any means. It uses more convensional race style transmission that allow for taller gearing. Further more, there is no Off-Road Mode, Hill Descent, or Tow/Haul function. The computer is responsible for the engine, some transmission functions, and limited ABS. Apart from that, it's the same as you might find in a another custom built race truck.

Hope that answers your questions to some extent.