Upgraded Fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poser999

Reaction score
Did you keep the factory wiring and switch configuration? I'm considering using aux 1 and 2 and ignoring the fog light button so the high beam cutoff isn't an issue. Plus both aux switches seems easier to use vs a switch and a button in 2 separate locations.

Also, is there a use for the weak factory lights you replaced? I'm thinking about mounting on the rear, below bumper or similar.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you keep the factory wiring and switch configuration? I'm considering using aux 1 and 2 and ignoring the fog light button so the high beam cutoff isn't an issue. Plus both aux switches seems easier to use vs a switch and a button in 2 separate locations.

Also, is there a use for the weak factory lights you replaced? I'm thinking about mounting on the rear, below bumper or similar.
We can configure the kit to be wired whichever way you prefer. If you want them on Aux 1 and 2 to omit the fog button, that is absolutely not problem. Feel free to call or text me at the number below if you would like to chat further about this and I can help you create a cart so your kit will be wired in your preferred way.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

OP
OP
JustACowboy64

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
I love rigid lights and have them on my Sierra Denali. Do these really make that big of a difference??

I also purchased the amber covers for the stock lights but the yellow looks awesome. Which do you like better in terms of performance?
I like the ambers for the regular fog lights and the yellow for the driving. It outlines perimeter very clearly.

OP
OP
JustACowboy64

JustACowboy64

Reaction score

Actually Specialty Performance Parts has some really good options for the enhanced back up lights. I will post a pick of them. My stock fogs are in a box on the shelf. Will give them away if anyone wants them.

OP
OP
JustACowboy64

JustACowboy64

Reaction score

I used the standard kit from Specialty Performance Parts keeping the stock configuration because I am going to do a few more kits and that is what works best for me. Specialty Performance Parts has some great wiring solutions. Make the install the easiest way possible. Took about an hour to put them in and most of the time was cleaning out all the dirt from the covers from my driving.

8008MD

Reaction score
So I finally got around to putting in the new fog lights. They make a huge difference!! A shout out to Specialty Performance Parts. The kit came with everything I needed. My 24 is slightly different than the 21+ instructions. I’ll try to post a few pictures if I can.

IMG_3590.jpeg

8008MD

Reaction score
Above photo: The left side are the new lights. Right side OEM

Below is with both new Rigid lights. I went with driving and fog.

IMG_3592.jpeg

The back casing on the 24 has 6 10mm screws instead of 4.

IMG_3580.jpeg

IMG_3581.jpeg

Below are with the new lights in

IMG_3582.jpeg

I recommend removing these screws to allow access to the top outside 10mm screw

IMG_3596.jpeg

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Above photo: The left side are the new lights. Right side OEM

Below is with both new Rigid lights. I went with driving and fog.

View attachment 458156

The back casing on the 24 has 6 10mm screws instead of 4.

View attachment 458157

View attachment 458158

Below are with the new lights in

View attachment 458159

I recommend removing these screws to allow access to the top outside 10mm screw

View attachment 458160
Great Review! Thanks!

They definitely are a lot brighter!

John

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are so much better than stock. I replaced all 4 as well and am very happy. SPV is the best!