GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor 17

Reaction score
ordered 9/17 got a build of 1/20/17 had to drop cf and bead lock wheels to get it built , i saw on another thread some guys that had bead lock wheels were upgrading to some really expensive wheels anybody that was doing that interested in selling factory beadlock wheels let me know

Last edited:

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on my local Dealer this week to try and get an agreement like I did with my 2011. Wow, the price sure has skyrocket since 11 as the build I put together on the tool is 67k. I will need to put the squeeze on them for a little extra on the trade since they offer zero incentives on these still. That is my question how are you guys doing squeezing any incentives out of Ford on these new trucks? Thanks in advance

thorleif

Reaction score
Is it possible some dealers only get orders pulled 1x per week?

I went in 7 days after I ordering/deposit payment and they said they couldn't provide a DORA because the order hadn't been picked up by Ford yet.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible some dealers only get orders pulled 1x per week?

I went in 7 days after I ordering/deposit payment and they said they couldn't provide a DORA because the order hadn't been picked up by Ford yet.

:biggrin: Wait 2-4 months like the rest of us and then you can start getting antsy. 7 days!? From what I was told they didn't do any scheduling last week - so perhaps no accepting of orders either.

thorleif

Reaction score
Not antsy at all, FAQ says DORA usually comes the next business day. I realize I have absolutely no control once it's in Ford's bank... I'm just trying to figure out if a salesman is being lazy or giving me the run around

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer for the order number and their dealer code and then you can contact ford service on fb or elsewhere and get updates. Suggest you read the sticky thread above re tracking your order. Good luck

phirinc

Reaction score
Ordered 10/4 Just received phone call from dealer to drop CF and the regional guy will order immediately. At least I got to keep the beadlocks. Now the dreaded 6 ish week wait. I was number 3/6 orders from a TN dealer.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 10/4 Just received phone call from dealer to drop CF and the regional guy will order immediately. At least I got to keep the beadlocks. Now the dreaded 6 ish week wait. I was number 3/6 orders from a TN dealer.

Interesting that you were able to keep the bead locks. That gives me hope! Ordered 9/15, no CF but beadlocks. No vin/build date yet. Crossing fingers that something happens soon.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Ford's vehicle hauler system works? As of today my truck shows "In Transit" but there is no ETA. My dealer is about 20 minutes from the factory. Anyone have some insight on when I'll take delivery? Or how the truck haulers work?