Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Basler

Reaction score
I was driving 2018 Raptor. The Transmission just stopped being engaged even though said i was in gear. I was able to pull off road and then I turned truck off and still did not engage. I put in reverse and all went back to working well. ?? I have recently replaced and upgraded everything you can imagine except the Block and the Transmission . at 98 k has anyone had similar problems? When I'm driving transmission shifts and runs well. This is second time this issue has happened.

jdholder

Reaction score
Most likely, the transmission computer “failed to initialize”. Are you tuned? If yea, and you have an access port, simply reset the TCM.

Has happened twice to me in 125k miles. It’s unsettling for sure.

OP
OP
M

Mark Basler

Reaction score
Dealer says it's most likely the Transmission Clutch. I am pretty close to having New Transmission as I have just completed New Turbos with Garrett Stage 2, All parts CAI, AMS and Mishimoto Intercooler pipes , Blow off Valve New, New Manifold , New Downpipes and full AWE exhaust, New Rotors and pads, New Tires BF Goodrich , New Front and Rear Shocks Fox, I had Phasers and water pump done , few other . Needless to say I plan on driving for while I love Gen 2 truck I have. I added new Stereo and multiple Rigid , cubes , Bars and Baja Rear cubes for tailgaters ? So although dealer quote is 9k installed comes 3 year warranty unlimited miles? most upsetting is only few payments left. Oh all new Sway bars and RPG Tie Rods, Upper control,offset Rims. I was hoping trans would last longer but this is what is? Has anyone gone with a performance Transmission? What better would a performance Transmission be? and would I get a warranty? With the truck all built if Dealer puts a brand new Ford 10R80 with 3 year warranty it seems like my best option. I'm seeing 7k and up for Performance Transmission and if I have issues then what?