Solved - Truck is making a loud noise / vibration like an air compressor running from the engine compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustfish

Reaction score
On a recent trip down in Baja with Exo Offroad my truck started making a loud sound like it had an air compressor running or a fan blade rubbing hard. It only happened when the truck was stopped. It had been really muddy due to recent rain and we had been driving through some deep mud holes. Turned out to be the intercooler fan was coated with mud and off balance. Makes sense now since the fan only runs when the truck is stationary and it needs to draw air through the intercooler.

Pulled the fan and radiator when I got home and hosed em off. Problem solved. I didn't really need to pull the intercooler to clean the fan but did it anyway. Hope this helps someone else.

IMG_0960.jpeg

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, should have washed it before tearing apart. It hard to keep dirt out of the engine when dirty like that.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, in my opinion, this is a flaw with the Raptor design. I always try to give people a heads up for this when doing trails with a lot of mud and water. Hearing it the first freaks everyone out…haha