Transmission: What the HP Limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexlaughlin

Reaction score
What is the horsepower limit on the factory transmission? Just how far can you take it before it self destructs? I have the ProCharged Hennessey 575 and they said the factory tranny is good to go with that set up. It's at the dealer now getting the SW headers installed, new tune to come when it's finished. I would only assume the Hennessey guys give it a pretty conservative tune since they run production on these Raptors and don't need any technical issues. The headers and new tune will help a lot I know, but I'm going to do Livernois cams soon too. At what point should I build the tranny?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
800 foot pounds of torque

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Horsepower doesn't break transmissions

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Livernois 6.6L 400ci being built. im intrested on this to. how do you make the tranny hold more hp?

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wiz knows. Wiz is Wise. If I had to guess, if you are going to run more powa, you're going to want to run more ATF pressure in the in the trans. I'm assuming if you're going to run more power that the trans will want to slip the clutch packs. The only thing I can think of keeping the trans from slipping is to run more pressure. How you accomplish that, I haven't got a clue.