Transmission updates - aftermarket pan and dipstick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently added the Full Race trans cooler and was thinking maybe there might be some other transmission upgrades that might be worth it. Was looking at aftermarket dipstick setups to be able to check the fluid from the engine bay instead of having to crawl underneath. Also wondering if an upgraded pan setup would be worth it as well. The trans dipstick kits range from something like this:

To something like this:

On the pan I'm not really sure who the go-to is, there's a ton of them available.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just made tools to check and fill, I think I posted them somewhere. Here they are again.
Of corse the bag has been cleaned and filled with trans fluid. I fill the bulk with a pump my pan holds three, 5 quart jugs then use the bag to top the level off.
Tools are just a pice of break line and carriage bolt some rubber hose to hold the short dip stick.
IMG_3109.jpegIMG_3108.jpegIMG_3110.jpeg

Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They could have just used the next larger diameter braided hose so that products like the Mityvac vacuum pump tube could slide inside the larger hose. They've known about this since the 6R80 was first produced in 2005, yet not a single aftermarket company has done it.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FoMoCo claims these are "lifetime" transmissions, declaring the trans juice is good up to 150,000 miles, or 100K under "severe" conditions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907-200715_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907-200715_Chrome.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 3

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I welded a -10 fitting on the right front corner of the trans pan. Made the dipstick tube out of -10 line with a section of metal tubing at the top. Got a dipstick out of earlier ford pu and built the tube to be calibrated to the length of the dipstick.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leaning more towards the aFe pan at this point since it holds 7 quarts over stock, which is the most out of any aftermarket pan out there.