Transmission Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the Ford dealer.. they said 3-5 days to diagnose the issue and are not offering loaners at the moment. Would appreciate if anyone else can share their experiences on what this is
I remember when I first bought my truck and took it to the dealer for its first repair, and I asked for a loaner, the service advisor looked at me like I was joking. Took me a while to accept that Ford isn't Mercedes or BMW or Lexus where loaners are standard practice. your dealership may have loaner vehicles, but the chances of your getting one are close to zero unless you fight them for it. Most of the time it's not worth the fight. So I stopped asking for loaners.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when I first bought my truck and took it to the dealer for its first repair, and I asked for a loaner, the service advisor looked at me like I was joking. Took me a while to accept that Ford isn't Mercedes or BMW or Lexus where loaners are standard practice. your dealership may have loaner vehicles, but the chances of your getting one are close to zero unless you fight them for it. Most of the time it's not worth the fight. So I stopped asking for loaners.
I don’t understand why people keep thinking a Ford dealership should be equivalent to a BMW or Mercedes dealership. You’re comparing luxury brands with a mainstream/non-luxury brand. If you’re looking for that experience it’s called Lincoln.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why people keep thinking a Ford dealership should be equivalent to a BMW or Mercedes dealership. You’re comparing luxury brands with a mainstream/non-luxury brand. If you’re looking for that experience it’s called Lincoln.
Because what I paid for my truck is equal to or more than most BMW or Mercedes models.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember when I first bought my truck and took it to the dealer for its first repair, and I asked for a loaner, the service advisor looked at me like I was joking. Took me a while to accept that Ford isn't Mercedes or BMW or Lexus where loaners are standard practice.
Should’ve taken 2 seconds to realize that.

your dealership may have loaner vehicles, but the chances of your getting one are close to zero unless you fight them for it. Most of the time it's not worth the fight. So I stopped asking for loaners.
All dealers aren’t the same. Perhaps you have bad timing or you got a shit deal when it comes to yours. I’m guessing the latter.

Because what I paid for my truck is equal to or more than most BMW or Mercedes models.
Yet…it’s still a Ford.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should’ve taken 2 seconds to realize that.

All dealers aren’t the same. Perhaps you have bad timing or you got a shit deal when it comes to yours. I’m guessing the latter.

Yet…it’s still a Ford.
Seems like I got that shit deal with every dealer in a 100 mile radius of where I live. I am guessing where you live they offer loaners to everyone, free car washes and complimentary snacks, correct?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like I got that shit deal with every dealer in a 100 mile radius of where I live. I am guessing where you live they offer loaners to everyone, free car washes and complimentary snacks, correct?
What can I say…it is what it is.