Transmission Fluid Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper_247

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2014 Raptor here in Australia and most if not all parts have to come from the USA.
My vehicle suffered the dreaded lead frame failure about 4 nights ago, and even though the 2014 is now part of the recall, we have no access to it here.
I have purchased a new genuine lead frame here, and have the few extra parts, bulkhead sleeve, Pump pass through sleeve etc etc.
Just wondering if this transmission fluid would be suitable to use as I have access to 20lts of this?
It seems to meet or exceed required specs of the Motorcraft Mercon LV.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never heard of that brand before so don't know the success rate on that one..lol
The 6R80 uses the LV (low viscosity) version of Mercon and your pouch shows its compatible with LV.
Guess you can try it and see what trans does.

I personally would just order some Mercon LV so it mixes with the fluid left in your trans. You are dropping the pan and valve body to do lead frame so there is lots of fluid left in the trans after that.