Traction Control issues after steering rack install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a weird one for you guys...

I have a 2013 SCab that needed a replacement steering rack. Waited for a full year to get one from Ford and they finally canceled the order due to lack of parts. As the SCab racks are semi-unobtainium I went with a remanufactured SCrew rack that was installed by the local Ford Dealer. I should note that they are generally terrible for service but they have one single tech that I trust. He's generally the one that works on my stuff.

Since that install (its been months now) my truck's traction/stability control will randomly kick on under very normal driving conditions. An example is turning into my road from another road...making a very slow speed left turn that has a bit of a hump to it. There's a bit of body roll to this as a result of the hump, but nothing major. This will set off the traction control...consistently. This has NEVER happened before the rack install and I'm trying to think what would cause it.

I understand that due to the wheel base difference of the SCab/Screw that the rack's ratio is slightly different and as these trucks have the steering angle sensor, is that something that would need to be reprogrammed? I know other's in here have move from the SCab rack to the SCrew rack but haven't ever seen anyone bring up and issue with doing so....

- Travis

ldeshazer

Reaction score
I have the same issue.. had a new rack installed along with CV axles and steering arms and every time I turn, my traction comes on.. since then it’s had new abs sensors, bearings, brakes, some wiring replacement and still can’t figure out why traction control comes on in corners. It’s been in shop for a month and they don’t have answers either

Last edited: