GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is my choice, self install easy?

Oh yeah. Shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour. Get a friend to help get it on the bed and keep it centered while you tighten down the clamps.

Note: mine flew off on my last outing at the dunes in Indiana. Those little aluminum clamps they give you are great for the highway, not so much great for off road. Find where you want the cover and drill holes in the bed rails. Put some bolts in there. If you don't plan on jumping or going over rough whoops, then you're good. I will say that even though mine sailed up off of the truck and probably 10 - 15 feet into the air at around 40 mph, when I gathered all the pieces up, it went right back onto the truck. No scratches or dents!

Other thing I did, is where the slide locks contact the bedrails (you'll see what I mean when you install it), I put some shrink wrap on the ends of the locking rods. This will help keep them from rattling when you are on rougher roads. Also made them seem more secure as they stay in place really well.

Great choice. I've had lots of stuff like ladders and spare tires tired on top of mine and never worried once about them coming off as the cover has really strong tie-downs for gear. Nothing has ever left a mark on the top......

Striker

Reaction score
Want to bring it up again. The Diamondback HD is a great cover. Weathertight. Super secure. Super strong. Lightweight. Durable. Worth checking it out, IMO.

Edit: 1650 lb weight rating

View attachment 79590

View attachment 79591

View attachment 79592

View attachment 79593
Hey, I e-mailed Diamondback to see about ordering a HD cover for my 17 Raptor ( build week of 11/7 ) and this was my response..Thank you for contacting us. We will have the covers available for the Raptors pretty much as soon as they hit the lots. We usually run about a 2-3 week lead time.

Thank you!

Erock4129

Reaction score
Hey, I e-mailed Diamondback to see about ordering a HD cover for my 17 Raptor ( build week of 11/7 ) and this was my response..Thank you for contacting us. We will have the covers available for the Raptors pretty much as soon as they hit the lots. We usually run about a 2-3 week lead time.

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing, planned on doing that this week.

BlackRap

Reaction score
Had the Bakflip G2 on my last Raptor. I probably will be going with the BakFlip MX4 this time. I was super happy with their product last time. Easy installation and use. Looked great too.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonneau Covers

I'm looking at the Revolver X2 Roll Up Tonneau cover when my Raptor finally arrives. Has anybody used this brand and what are your thoughts? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor Driver

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Revolver X2 Roll Up Tonneau cover when my Raptor finally arrives. Has anybody used this brand and what are your thoughts? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow up question. I was looking at the BAK Flip F1, and Line X says that they sell the BAK Flip F1 but it is under a different name for Line X use. Anyone have any issues with the Line X version of the F1? Thanks.