To Decal or to Not Decal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPete

Reaction score
ok.. I thought for longest time the decals looked little cheesy and cost way too damn much... but now they are growing on me.... wanted some opinions on what you guys think about the hood and exterior graphics? Yay or nay? And why?

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the decals on the bedside. Especially if it is subtle. I thought the sticker price was insane for the decals. The window sticker shows the exterior graphic package at $1,075. I've seen the Ford OEM bedside decals (the pair) going for $400-500. Then you would have to install yourself or pay more for the install. I went to eBay and found a matte black bedside decal pair for $59. I offered $50 and they accepted. I had to install them myself and it turned out really nice. I have the agate black Raptor and the matte black decal is subtle look. Here are a few photos.

Watch some videos on decal installation. Take your time and absolutely use the wet method for installation. I bought this set and tried installing dry (instructions say that is ok). It was a major failure. So I bought another set and this time used the wet method and it came out great. I've been putting a C2V3 coating on them as a UV light protectant. Hopefully they won't fade. But so far in the Houston heat and sunlight, the decals still look great! I figure if they last 2 years, I can just install another set for only $50. Much better than the price Ford wants.

The decals will require some trimming with an Exacto knife around the fender flairs. But it wasn't hard to trim. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Raptor Bedside Decal.jpg

Raptor Bedside Decal Driver Side.jpg

bvlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don’t like the graphics but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. People should get what they want. Ford obviously sells lots of trucks both ways. Get what you want.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I was doing a custom order or had a choice between two trucks on the lot and everything being equal, other than one of them, Having the graphics. I would have saved the thousand bucks and kept the truck clean. But the one on the lot I purchased had the bed graphics only. I was pretty sure, I was going to remove them after I got the truck home. But they grew on me and the wife. And at this point, that’s a thousand dollar option I’d be wasting and could lose out on come trade in time. My trucks Magnetic and being darker, it does eat up some of the effect of the decal anyway. So I’m cool with it after all.

Ed Maynard

Reaction score
I didn’t like them at first either but the truck I purchased had them already and I really like them now. I work in the RV business and the decals on the RV’s are way cheaper quality than the ones they use on the Raptor. I was worried they would dryout, Crack & Peel like I’ve seen happen on the RV’s. Ford uses decals that are way thicker and are UV protected & maybe that’s why the cost is more. I use 303 Aerospace Protector on mine as well.

449FDB49-7F3F-4506-9644-7F64DC6363E2.jpeg

Mang

Reaction score
Love this! I just picked up a 2019 Agate black Raptor this week and I love the subtleness of this decal. Do you mind sharing what ebay user you bought this from? Thanks

I like the look of the decals on the bedside. Especially if it is subtle. I thought the sticker price was insane for the decals. The window sticker shows the exterior graphic package at $1,075. I've seen the Ford OEM bedside decals (the pair) going for $400-500. Then you would have to install yourself or pay more for the install. I went to eBay and found a matte black bedside decal pair for $59. I offered $50 and they accepted. I had to install them myself and it turned out really nice. I have the agate black Raptor and the matte black decal is subtle look. Here are a few photos.

Watch some videos on decal installation. Take your time and absolutely use the wet method for installation. I bought this set and tried installing dry (instructions say that is ok). It was a major failure. So I bought another set and this time used the wet method and it came out great. I've been putting a C2V3 coating on them as a UV light protectant. Hopefully they won't fade. But so far in the Houston heat and sunlight, the decals still look great! I figure if they last 2 years, I can just install another set for only $50. Much better than the price Ford wants.

The decals will require some trimming with an Exacto knife around the fender flairs. But it wasn't hard to trim. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

View attachment 129941

View attachment 129942