Tires rotated. Now Noisy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you could get a lot more miles out of your tires if you did rotate them. I know not eveyone wants to run tires to the bitter end though. New rubber is more grippy for sure.

You wight want to up your front tire pressure a bit if the shoulders are wearing fast. Not for wear necessarily, but it'll perform better if the center of the tire is also sharing the load equally.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I rotate tires every 5k miles give or take a few hundred, rears foreward fronts criscross. I get roughly 55k miles per set and when replaced each tire is within 1-2 mm tread depth of the others. Raptor has 182k miles now and 12k on 4th set of tires. 65k on oem ko's, 50k on ko2's(2 sets), now on km3's.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol are there burnouts included in that, hauling max payload all the time?
drifting at 95mph on some dirt trails in wyoming and colorado.
bfg ko2 = 254 miles. rotated.
falken wildpeaks at3w = 312 miles. rotated.
nitto trailgrapplers = 273 miles. rotated.
ridge grapplers = 260 miles. rotated
etc etc etc. i tested tires for a tire manufacturer for a couple years. burned through 17 sets of tires in one year.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
drifting at 95mph on some dirt trails in wyoming and colorado.
bfg ko2 = 254 miles. rotated.
falken wildpeaks at3w = 312 miles. rotated.
nitto trailgrapplers = 273 miles. rotated.
ridge grapplers = 260 miles. rotated
etc etc etc. i tested tires for a tire manufacturer for a couple years. burned through 17 sets of tires in one year.
Ah..ok. Question. How long do KO2s last driving aggressively on dirt/gravel only? Maybe not drifting at 95, but properly aggressive. Zero on road miles. My Raptor is my DD so I’d never get close to knowing that…lol. 500 miles…?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah..ok. Question. How long do KO2s last driving aggressively on dirt/gravel only? Maybe not drifting at 95, but properly aggressive. Zero on road miles. My Raptor is my DD so I’d never get close to knowing that…lol. 500 miles…?
just depends on tire spin. thats the main factor. theres a road down in colorado springs behind the broadmoor hotel called old stage rd. its where i did most of my testing. hard packed dirt road with some rocks. mostly drifting (almost every turn) at around 40-50mph. 11 miles up a mountain road to the lookout (where you can see all of colorado springs) and 11 miles down. average for a car is 45 min or more. my fastest run was 11 min. the bfg ko2 lasted two trips one night. tire rotation, two trips the next night, and done. include my street/highway drive to get to the dirt road and back was 20-25 miles and a drive to work. i dont know what kind of driver you are, but if you are constantly drifting turns, (even at slower speeds) expect low miles. if you are going fast, but not (or minimal) drifting you should be able to get a couple thousand miles out of them.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I’m like 30 miles from the nearest dirt road that isn’t private….my poor Raptor spends most of its time in stop and go traffic with occasional events and trips to CO where it ends up being in 4Low. No high speed dirt road drifts often unfortunately. Wet concrete is my only hope…lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil Savage