Tire bead balamce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLW2

Reaction score
I took my 2014 for balancing / alignment in prep for a long trip. I purchased it a few weeks ago, and it seemed the tires were unbalanced. There was no recent documentation of either being done. The alignment was put to factory specs and tires balanced. The work did not seem to help the condition , but the shop told me 2 things that seemed a little odd.

1. Alignment was toe in for both sides
2. No weights were on any wheels

I started to wonder if both of these conditions were intentional Front shocks had been replaced with kings set to mid perch , so I thought maybe alignment was not checked after the new shocks / setup. I also thought , maybe previous owner had balance beads put on the tires when installed. I never heard of balance beads until I started researching why there would not be any weights on any wheels

if there were balance beads in the tires , I would say they don’t work , but now I have tires which were weight balanced , and maybe also have beads in them and a factory spec front end alignment

Does anyone have any experience with either condition