Tinting front windshield? Yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't excpected so much of you have a tinted windshield !!! Seem every body are happy whith.

Until 80% I have read @butts182 ? It's a lot , no?

What are the benefits to have tinted windshield ? : Sun, discretion ?

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my old truck I had the entire windshield tinted with 70% and then a 5% strip on top. Going to go the same route on my new truck too.

Exact same here. I will never have another vehicle without a tinted windshield. I am in the Southwest, and the sun will fry you when driving in that direction. The UV protection in the tint a huge improvement. And I no longer wear sunglasses to drive.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's mainly so I can have goat fun anywhere, any time! Seriously, I got it done to keep summer interior temps down, and it also really helps to protect the interior. I have 70% Xpel ceramic on all glass. I really like it. That was the lightest tint they had available when I had it done. Looking in or out of the windshield, it doesn't look tinted. The PA police have never given it a second look. You can see in the pics how you can look right through both side windows, even though they are tinted. I would do it again on any nice vehicle.

1682970781141.jpeg
1682970871304.jpeg

Last edited:

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say yes, 50% percent is pretty good all around. Not to dark and not to light. You will have good visibility at night as well. Lots of good benefits - UV protection, a bit more privacy, & cooler cabin. If you go with 50 percent you can still wear your sunglasses and it will not be to dark.

Con - Do not stick any type of suction cup to your windshield aka phone holder, go pro, etc.. It can leave a circle on on your tint as well.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't excpected so much of you have a tinted windshield !!! Seem every body are happy whith.

Until 80% I have read @butts182 ? It's a lot , no?

80% means it lets 80% of the light through. Or something like that. Basically, it didn’t make it much darker, but cuts the ultraviolet rays. I was concerned with going too dark, but it appears most people go much darker than I did.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if I did 30 or 50% on my windshield, but either way I can't go without it now. Makes a huge difference with heat. Added privacy is a bonus. Yes, it was a little darker at night, but then again the stock Gen 2 Headlights suck so it just pushed me over the edge to get the Baja Designs Fog Light kit (which is now a must have as well imo - 10x brighter then even the stock high beams).

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 75% on mine and it’s perfect. During the day , it’s not noticeable but when it’s dark, you can tell it’s tinted. I’m in Cali so it’s strict with the tinting laws. I’m surprised on the day visibility with 50% up there. I wonder How it looks when it’s dark outside

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did 80% Prestige Spectra PhotoSync IRD Windshield. Definitely keeps the interior cooler and more comfortable on long trips with less glare. Highly recommend.

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say yes, 50% percent is pretty good all around. Not to dark and not to light. You will have good visibility at night as well. Lots of good benefits - UV protection, a bit more privacy, & cooler cabin. If you go with 50 percent you can still wear your sunglasses and it will not be to dark.

Con - Do not stick any type of suction cup to your windshield aka phone holder, go pro, etc.. It can leave a circle on on your tint as well.
Interesting about the suction cup. I have a go pro suction cup and haven’t had any issues. I don’t leave it on for a long time though (5 days max). And I use glass cleaner that is safe on tint. So maybe both factors help me not get rings