Thinking of selling MY24 Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the truck a little over a month ago and while I absolutely love the truck I'm not sure I can justify the cost and feel like there are other options out there that better fit me and my needs/wants at the moment at a much lesser cost. I looked on Autotrader just as a reference and couldn't find a single 24 R nationwide for under $155k which seems a bit ridiculous but I guess there isn't much out there other than brand new trucks at dealers with huge markups.

Here are my questions:
  1. What are your thoughts on what I should sell/list it for if I decide to?
  2. What do you think I could get from a dealer as a trade-in?
I know this type of topic is very subjective but please try to keep this as a serious and cordial discussion. Thanks all!

Specs:
  • Agate Black
  • Twin Panel Moonroof
  • Spray-in bedliner
  • Dealer installed OEM Ford trifold tonneau cover
  • 30% ceramic tint on front windows
  • Dealer removed 'Raptor' graphic on back quarters
  • Flawless condition as expected for a 6-week old truck
  • 1,350 miles

20240510_173538.jpg

20240510_173617.jpg

20240510_183344.jpg

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious what the other options out there that better fit you and your needs/wants at the moment at a much lesser cost are.

As for selling I feel private sale is always the win-win option for both seller and buyer.

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious what the other options out there that better fit you and your needs/wants at the moment at a much lesser cost are.

As for selling I feel private sale is always the win-win option for both seller and buyer.
I have 3 kids so going to a big boring SUV for the time being MAY be in the cards. My wife also just quit her job so something cheaper wouldn't hurt. Not sure yet.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I just got the truck a little over a month ago and while I absolutely love the truck I'm not sure I can justify the cost and feel like there are other options out there that better fit me and my needs/wants at the moment at a much lesser cost. I looked on Autotrader just as a reference and couldn't find a single 24 R nationwide for under $155k which seems a bit ridiculous but I guess there isn't much out there other than brand new trucks at dealers with huge markups.

Here are my questions:
  1. What are your thoughts on what I should sell/list it for if I decide to?
  2. What do you think I could get from a dealer as a trade-in?
I know this type of topic is very subjective but please try to keep this as a serious and cordial discussion. Thanks all!

Specs:
  • Agate Black
  • Twin Panel Moonroof
  • Spray-in bedliner
  • Dealer installed OEM Ford trifold tonneau cover
  • 30% ceramic tint on front windows
  • Dealer removed 'Raptor' graphic on back quarters
  • Flawless condition as expected for a 6-week old truck
  • 1,350 miles

View attachment 457858

View attachment 457859

View attachment 457860
Take a look at cars.com. There are several for sale in the 130-140's.

1) 130's to 140's
2) 100..maybe

I'd try to find a private party to buy it.

bakwaas4eva

Reaction score
You should sell it from 110 to 120k .... definitely sell it to a private buyer... forget the dealers
They will low ball you and Rob you and the next person that's buying it

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should sell it from 110 to 120k .... definitely sell it to a private buyer... forget the dealers
They will low ball you and Rob you and the next person that's buying it
Agreed. Goal would not be to pass it to a dealer but if I'm buying a new car there is a tax incentive in Georgia so on a $70K car it's roughly $5K.

Also, MSRP is $113k plus the add-ons so i likely wouldn't go anywhere near $110K even though it's technically "used" :)

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was offered $125k for my 24R from a local dealer. 3k miles

I would have considered $130k, but I’m not interested in anything less. I’ll just keep it.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that tax incentive pretty much always keeps me out of dealing with private party. Even if you overall make 1K extra with private party its not worth dealing with the hassle. This is a bit of a different situation with an R. Not really a typical trade.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that wholesale on these trucks are still in the high $130k range at auction. I wouldn’t take less than that depending on what you paid OTD. Reach out to Give Me The Vin and Texas Auto Value and see what they will offer you—they should offer you just below auction pricing because they are looking to make a quick flip on it at auction.

@ToadSmasher2K1 I would think you could still get close to $135k too if you reached out GMTV or TAV.