The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he probably meant if you planned on changing at the actual event location. The most common problem associated with changing from the economy to performance tune once you actually arrive at the event is that when you get out on the trails hammerin on it, the truck "learns" from the higher rpm shifting, etc and then once you get out on the road driving normally you wind up with hard shifts and not so road friendly behavior from the truck. This is why I suggested loading the performance tune at least 100 miles from arriving, this way it gives the truck time to learn the normal driving so that when you are hammering offroad you don't wind up with an ill mannered truck when you get back on the road.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to put this out there for everyone running custom tuning. I am sure most will be using their economy tunes for the trip up, but for those that do and plan to load their performance tunes for the fun, I recommend that you load the tunes in with at least a 100 miles or so of driving left before you get there. This way, you have taken care of the relearn process before we hit the trails and so forth. While it won't actually hurt anything not to do so, you may find that you wind up with a better experience with the shifting, etc.

I didn't think you could use the the word economy and Raptor together.