The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In just over an hour, the final leg of my 3 year quest for a Raptor begins... I'm driving across eastern Colorado and Kansas to pick up my baby.

Tomorrow, we return home... stay tuned for pictures from the middle of plains.

Safe travels!!! We await your return trip pictures!!!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Keep us up to date with what your dealer says. At this point it is the only place that is going to give you the information you need.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

For all of you guys who had their order slip a week, I send my sympathy, and also a HUGE THANK YOU!!

Mine was scheduled for the week of March 25th, but looks like it has been bumped up a week. I see the sticker now, and if I am decoding the date on the top of it correctly (220130318) my Raptor will be running down the line on Monday.

Obviously the guys had Ford heard me crying louder than you each night and decided to bump me ahead to put an end to my misery. :party36:

I hope nobody hates me! But I do wonder you guys may have ordered to get pushed back that I didn't get??

Hey what's up with that. We all get pushed back a week so HoldenTX can have a whole week to himself. Do you really need the entire assembly line for a week?! LOL! Your truck better be special!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well bad news for me and my order.
I called the dealer back today and told him that the order number was not showing up and that only one raptor was showing as ordered and it wasn't mine ( I called him sir and was completely cordial). He immediately went on the defensive and started saying if I wasn't happy with the service I could cancel my order and that he has done a million of these and that he had 9 raptors on order and why wouldn't he submit the order and so on. I said Sir hold on, i feel like you're being defensive, i'm not attacking you and i'm not insinuating that you didn't make the order, i'm just trying to figure out where the disconnect is and what the disposition of my order is. He says I don't know where you're getting your info from, some guy on a forum and some phone line, but only the dealer can see true visibility on an order and i'm telling you I ordered it. I say to him the number I called has visibility on the black raptor you ordered in february, how would I even know about it if they didn't, further, why wouldn't mine be in the system and this one is. He flips out at this point and goes off on his tirade again about how many times he's done this and how the people i'm getting my information from don't know what they're talking about and then tells me I can cancel my order again. So I did...... what an *******:flipthebird:. Now I'm back to square one.:yuno:

Avoid Sledge Ford in Manchester GA if at all possible.

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealer back today and told him that the order number was not showing up and that only one raptor was showing as ordered and it wasn't mine ( I called him sir and was completely cordial). He immediately went on the defensive and started saying if I wasn't happy with the service I could cancel my order and that he has done a million of these and that he had 9 raptors on order and why wouldn't he submit the order and so on. I said Sir hold on, i feel like you're being defensive, i'm not attacking you and i'm not insinuating that you didn't make the order, i'm just trying to figure out where the disconnect is and what the disposition of my order is. He says I don't know where you're getting your info from, some guy on a forum and some phone line, but only the dealer can see true visibility on an order and i'm telling you I ordered it. I say to him the number I called has visibility on the black raptor you ordered in february, how would I even know about it if they didn't, further, why wouldn't mine be in the system and this one is. He flips out at this point and goes off on his tirade again about how many times he's done this and how the people i'm getting my information from don't know what they're talking about and then tells me I can cancel my order again. So I did...... what an *******:flipthebird:. Now I'm back to square one.:yuno:

wow man I'm sorry.....there definitely is something wrong....less than a week after I placed my order I called SVT and they had it in their system.....

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that RLTW but it was the right call. I'd be talking to the owner there and e-mailing or talking with Ford just to let them know your experience.

Now go get another order in at a real dealer at invoice even if you have to fly into Van Bortel or Louisburg to pick it up if you have to. Find a dealer where it will only take a couple months and get 'er going again!

BingBling

Reaction score
In just over an hour, the final leg of my 3 year quest for a Raptor begins... I'm driving across eastern Colorado and Kansas to pick up my baby.

Tomorrow, we return home... stay tuned for pictures from the middle of plains.

If you could sneak a pic in of my Blue Screw before I make the trip on Saturday that would be sweet!!

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Definitely what Wyo says...call the owner and/or the SVT line and tell them what happened. Clearly the guy couldn't offer you any proof to back up his story so you definitely made the right call.

Are you located in TX or is that where you call home? If so, maybe you can go over to Bastrop this weekend and pick up one of the ones they have on the lot (as mentioned by LSUstang. It’s a bit over invoice, but I'd probably do it if I was back having to place my order from scratch. Plus you'll get some instant gratification to get you over what this dealer just put you through.

The sales guy says he ordered a bunch of Raptors....but based on what Blood saw (the dealer has no Raptors on order) chances are there are a couple of other folks who are going to find out the hard way too that their orders got screwed up.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit defeated at the moment, waiting two months to get the shaft is pretty rough as we all know what this waiting game feels like. Holden, TX is just where I hang my hat, i'm stationed in FT Benning GA and moving to FT Bragg NC in a couple months. I truly would just buy off the lot at this point but I want an Oxford White SCab and you just don't see them sitting on lots. I called the SVT line and they said they have no connection to the dealers and I talked to the manager at the dealership and he was the one that acted like a bigshot ******* towards me, I'm not sure I even want to contact the owner. I called a local dealer a moment ago and asked if they could do invoice, they said they'd get back to me but I think i'm going to call van bortel and louisberg as well. My brain hurts.

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit defeated at the moment, waiting two months to get the shaft is pretty rough as we all know what this waiting game feels like. Holden, TX is just where I hang my hat, i'm stationed in FT Benning GA and moving to FT Bragg NC in a couple months. I truly would just buy off the lot at this point but I want an Oxford White SCab and you just don't see them sitting on lots. I called the SVT line and they said they have no connection to the dealers and I talked to the manager at the dealership and he was the one that acted like a bigshot ******* towards me, I'm not sure I even want to contact the owner. I called a local dealer a moment ago and asked if they could do invoice, they said they'd get back to me but I think i'm going to call van bortel and louisberg as well. My brain hurts.

Man, that really sucks.... The only thing good I can say as that at least you found out about (what appears to be) their screwup before you waited 3, 4, 5 months.. Also, you now know their a bunch of jack holes and they won't be getting your money.

Find a good dealer, explain your story, and I bet your next experience will be 10x better. The new dealer you pick will know right away you have the knowledge to find out status of your order so they'll probalby be more open to you on the whole process from the start. Most people are getting their raptors in 2-3 months now, so if you order this weekend, it will be here by early summer, just in time to really enjoy the outdoors!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, update time, got my deposit back from the original ******** dealer, found a new dealer, has the allotment for it, had two raptors on the lot. Promised me I'd get my truck in 10 weeks or he'd drop a grand off my truck, i'm already at invoice, said if it wasn't here in time before I moved that he'd deliver it personally. Interested in seeing how this turns out. Let the waiting..... re... begin.