The One and Only 2013 Order status thread

Do you have a 2013 on order?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this sucks. If it makes anybody feel better a guy I work with went to ford museum last weekend, and while there he got too see F-150's getting built. He said that about 1 out of every 8 trucks were raptors. Also he said that regular F 150'S would get pulled for inspection randomly. However something I thought was interesting was that every Raptor was getting a full inspection. I don't know if that is because they just started the 2013's or if this is normal. I guess for the money I'm hoping to fork over shortly that's a good thing. He also said it was cool to watch the robots check the seams between body panels and I guess the whole deal. This waiting thing I suck at......

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:emotions122:Got my VIN today. My dealer said it wouldn't be built until mid October. I don't think he knows when the build date is because I can't pull up a window sticker on it. Still walking.........

Windspeed77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if the Dearborn plant pumps out 1000 F150s a day, as mentioned in the ultimate factories episode...which I highly recommend you all watch....then that's a good number of raptors a day with that 1 to 8 ratio

The video also said that a complete truck build takes about 15-16 hrs and at the end of the final inspection the raptor gets taken to the side and skid plates and another inspection are done...

All I can say is these workers do a fine job and I take my hat off to them....

Now if I could find a way to get my truck built and shipped on the down low....Hahaha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Windspeed77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I love that song! good reference, but if my raptor gets built at that rate I just might shoot somebody and end up @ Folsom..lol...only jokes of course :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Dearborn open 24/7 and only closed Sat night and Sun morn for maintenance? Read that online somewhere....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2